• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA alleges financial difficulties in New York lawsuit.

I really hope they destroy NY in the lawsuit

Sadly, even if they win NY tax payers will foot the bill and Cuomo will give 0 f***s. These a**h***s need to be held individually responsible. Seize their vacation homes and yachts and shit. That will bring this bullshit to a stop faster than you could imagine. Can't enjoy Bloomberg's blood money if the .gov takes it from you when you lose.

Yea, and I suspect that on some level this is a point that the NRA is trying to make to people.......

The fact of the matter is that the NRA is sitting on a pile of cash and could quite easily self insure just like many companies do.

Can you imagine how popular an NRA bank and credit card would be......not some BS done though some douche company like BoA

I think the NRA already has a credit card. I seem to get their applications from time to time I think. Goes in the circular file every time.

I recently upgraded from endowment member to patron member. Overall, they have about a grand from me this year as I opted for a few other things and donations...

Really you guys are sending them money? Look at their IRS form 990 on guidestar.org and then reconsider

Wayne Lapierres salary is $1.3 million per year
Chris Cox over $800,000

Numerous directors getting paid hundreds of thousands of dollars per year . .... they’re supposed to be a non profit. No thanks, I’ll keep my checkbook closed. Way to many people are making far to much money on this.

Last edited:
The suit by NY is another example of asymmetrical warfare against the NRA.

How many of you who complain would be willing (not to mention capable) of leading this fight pro bono?

I’m not saying they should work for free but these people are way over paid compared to other non profits. The salaries need to come way down.
The real measure of a non-profit salary should be "what would these people be making in the private sector?". This sort of high-end pay is standard for big money non-profits (the founder of the PMC personally clears over a half mil salary annually). I find it hard to believe that LaPierre and Cox would command this sort of salary in industry.

These salaries are probably why the NRA tells you who to vote for in the director election each year. No "nominating committee endorsement" means no chance of winning. Get in as a director and want re-election? Better go along to get along.

From a different website on the matter:

koenigseggCC7

I prepare nonprofit tax returns for a living, I just took a look at the NRA’s most recent available return (2016). Here’s what I can tell you. While the information is a little dated, they are far from being in financial trouble. As of 12/31/16, they had $70 million in cash and investments on hand. They lost $45 million in 2016, but had $52 million in legislative program expenses in 2016 (election year) vs. next to none in 2015 and they profited $33 million in 2015. Their MO seems to be bank one year, spend the next year from what I can tell. Is their executive comp a little high? Maybe. But in 2016 it was only 1.2% of their budget, and that’s for everyone (including Chris Cox), not just Wayne. The gross comp numbers may seem big but on a % basis it’s not out of line from what I see regularly in other organizations in all industries.

This article, if true, highlights an operational problem, not a financial problem. It doesn’t matter how much cash you have, if you don’t have a bank and insurance company willing to work with you, you’re kind of dead on arrival. However, my suspicion is this is being overblown to try to help win the suit. There is no reason the NRA can’t work with a bank and an insurance company that doesn’t go near NYS and avoid this whole mess. While we all may think the NRA is a behemoth, it’s really not anywhere near the top of the nonprofit food chain, and a local bank and insurance company could surely handle their needs. They don’t need Citi and Chubb, or whoever they were working with, that are huge and HQ’d in NYC

Maybe as a percentage of revenues, the salaries are not high. But just because other non profits overpay their workers does not mean that NRA should. Lapierre's salary is obscene and should be far lower. I have attached the 2016 IRS Form 990. The salaries are on pages 15-25

Attachments

• NRA-2016-990.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 12
If they all took reduced salaries to a more reasonable level in response to this.
I would help out.
But with salaries of $670.00 an hour...
Not going to happen...[rofl]

Well I would guess that just complaining about what Coumo and NY did would get nowhere, so up the pressure by indicating that the state's actions is perhaps going to put the NRA out of business. It called posturing! For all those who dislike the NRA, who would have the clout to equal them? Yes they are not perfect but IMO they are the best we have on our side, and would we be in deep do do if NY prevails? Something to consider.

Well I would guess that just complaining about what Coumo and NY did would get nowhere, so up the pressure by indicating that the state's actions is perhaps going to put the NRA out of business. It called posturing! For all those who dislike the NRA, who would have the clout to equal them? Yes they are not perfect but IMO they are the best we have on our side, and would we be in deep do do if NY prevails? Something to consider.

If NY prevails, this will be the model used to take down ALL gun organizations, gun dealers, gun manufacturers, etc. I see it even being used to harm GOP political entities as well.

So yall had better hope the NRA prevails and shows that the state is unconstitutionally using its laws to force private companies to revoke business to an entity by threatening them.

I don't see that article as the NRA is begging for money and failing. I see that article as the NRA making a case to sue NY based on some true and some exaggerated facts.

I find this interesting:
"The lawsuit stems from a May decision by New York financial regulators over “Carry Guard,” an NRA-marketed insurance policy for members who face legal costs after firing a gun legally. The DFS determined that the policy was illegal under New York state law and that the insurers who provided it must stop selling the policies and pay a $7 million fine."

We hear, from some antis, that anyone that has a gun should have insurance for said gun. So here is an insurance program and the antis call it illegal.

I don't see that article as the NRA is begging for money and failing. I see that article as the NRA making a case to sue NY based on some true and some exaggerated facts.

I find this interesting:
"The lawsuit stems from a May decision by New York financial regulators over “Carry Guard,” an NRA-marketed insurance policy for members who face legal costs after firing a gun legally. The DFS determined that the policy was illegal under New York state law and that the insurers who provided it must stop selling the policies and pay a $7 million fine."

We hear, from some antis, that anyone that has a gun should have insurance for said gun. So here is an insurance program and the antis call it illegal.

You raise a really good point. I think the main idea behind this insurance though, was to fund the defense of the person discharging the firearm. Something along the lines for the gentleman down in the Florida parking lot shooty shoot.
I think the antis are looking for more of a liability type insurance. Something that’s going to pay out to victims of accidents or wrongful deaths. As in, I don’t know.

For me I’ll send them some cash. They do a lot of good with legislation etc. that other groups cannot. As for their salaries, doesn’t really bother me. Private industry execs make a crap load and we all still shop their stores etc. NY needs to be pushed back on hard and I hope the NRA succeeds against them and the Bloomberg funded groups.

It's interesting how "state" is actually a few POS like Cuomo who needs to be deported to Venezuela.

the state of New York pressured financial institutions to cut ties with the gun group.

politicians and public elected officials need to be held accountable.

Back
Top Bottom