NRA - campaign for Allen West to replace LaPierre

Who is Adam?
Adam_West_1961.JPG

Batman-Yellow-West.jpg

Hummm.
Sort of like the Biden clan. Huh ?

What Wayne has done and how he used his position and organizations assets isn’t any different than biden, Chicago politicians, Hillary with her Clinton foundation, etc. it’s a pretty typical sleazy money operation.

Let’s not forget about the other. NRA officials who are and have been protecting him and allowing this corruption. I hope those asshats get prosecuted too.

What Wayne has done and how he used his position and organizations assets isn’t any different than biden, Chicago politicians, Hillary with her Clinton foundation, etc. it’s a pretty typical sleazy money operation.

Let’s not forget about the other. NRA officials who are and have been protecting him and allowing this corruption. I hope those asshats get prosecuted too.
I haven’t been paying much attention but things must be pretty bad for a gun forum to be in agreement that the NRA should be shut down.

I haven’t been paying much attention but things must be pretty bad for a gun forum to be in agreement that the NRA should be shut down.
Nobody wants it shut down. Wayne and his protection team need to GTFO.
When they are gone then will I return to its membership. If another moron starts the same waste then they should be gone.

You are spreading misinformation. About the only thing the "forum" agrees on is that Wayne must go.

Many of us still realize that the NRA is still a force for 2A rights and could be more effective under new, responsible leadership.

You are spreading misinformation. About the only thing the "forum" agrees on is that Wayne must go.

Many of us still realize that the NRA is still a force for 2A rights and could be more effective under new, responsible leadership.
Like I said, I haven’t been paying attention. The NRA is a great org.

There is no agreement. None. You'd be surprised the names in the industry that are behind Wayne. Simply shocked. A considerable amount of the controversy is false information in the first place. ("I think the NY State Government is corrupt and yet I believe 100% anything they say about Wayne and the NRA." Think on that. Maybe we just love controversy as much as the typical View and Kardashian fan???? Human nature?)

And a considerable amount more is regular-people gun owners being out of touch of how the entire top lobbyist system works. (Effectively, LaPierre is still the same lobbyist he was 25 years ago.). It's analogous to employees saying the head of XYZ Corp shouldn't make X or Y. What if a)that's the going rate and b) they've justified that level of compensation with their work????

There are SOME questionable things going on. But not nearly as many as are claimed on this board. And definitely there is not a gun community consensus on this.

And FWIW, I think it's time for him to step down only b/c he's been at the helm for too long. There was a reason Washington stepped down after 8 years.

Part of me is rooting for the NY AG to either get Wayne removed from the NRA or put in prison.

Wayne’s ego is like Obama, he thinks it’s about him, not the members. I really despise Wayne, he’s such a smarmy c0cksucker. He’d screw over gun owners in a second if he cajoled benefit enough financially.
I don't think Letitia is trying to get Wayne removed, she has just identified him as the lightning rod. She is trying to "save" the NRA the same way Russia is currently trying to "save" Mariupol.

-Gary

Yeah. Not to jump on and beat a dead horse, but any time I'm aligned with the NY (or mASS) AG, I might be in the wrong automobile. I'd rather get raped and pillaged by "my guy" than give any of them a "win" and make us look bad.

There is no agreement. None. You'd be surprised the names in the industry that are behind Wayne. Simply shocked. A considerable amount of the controversy is false information in the first place. ("I think the NY State Government is corrupt and yet I believe 100% anything they say about Wayne and the NRA." Think on that. Maybe we just love controversy as much as the typical View and Kardashian fan???? Human nature?)

And a considerable amount more is regular-people gun owners being out of touch of how the entire top lobbyist system works. (Effectively, LaPierre is still the same lobbyist he was 25 years ago.). It's analogous to employees saying the head of XYZ Corp shouldn't make X or Y. What if a)that's the going rate and b) they've justified that level of compensation with their work????

There are SOME questionable things going on. But not nearly as many as are claimed on this board. And definitely there is not a gun community consensus on this.

And FWIW, I think it's time for him to step down only b/c he's been at the helm for too long. There was a reason Washington stepped down after 8 years.
I was vying for Wayne's departure way before the NY ag sued the NRA.

Holy shit. 76 member BoD? How the hell does anything get done? Anyone ever consider a no confidence meeting to clear the board and start over, or is membership generally happy?
I believe during the members comment section of the annual meeting several years ago there were people who spoke out against the leadership. Only issue is that generally there are friends of Lapierre's or other board members in the crowd who make a motion to move onto other business, which gets seconded and approved by vote, thus ending the comment period.

I believe during the members comment section of the annual meeting several years ago there were people who spoke out against the leadership. Only issue is that generally there are friends of Lapierre's or other board members in the crowd who make a motion to move onto other business, which gets seconded and approved by vote, thus ending the comment period.
Screw that. You don’t initiate a hostile takeover during an annual meeting and on their terms. You call a special meeting, and that probably requires a few Directors to be on your side, but the sole purpose of that meeting is to lay out a case for change. Tricky part is garnering enough support ahead of time and getting it pushed through. I’m betting not enough regular members really understand or care enough to make that happen.

I also admit that I haven’t read the NRA bylaws in a very long time, so there may be other “policies”preventing something like this.

Back
Top Bottom