NRA Life Membership expiring?

slap shot

NES Member
Got a second email stating my NRA membership is expiring. I'm like really? I know I'm a life member so what's up with that? I googled it and it appears people have reported getting messages saying their offer to upgrade to the higher level is expiring, but not their actual membership. I don't care what anyone thinks of the NRA, I probably think less at this point, but I paid for a damn life membership! Just posting this because I figure I'm not alone in it. Anyone else get this email? I did submit the question through their online contact form so i'll update when they respond.

Yes I have been hearing that for a year too. When at the 2018 convention I asked about it, and they said Oh can you send us proof of your membership payment? Curiously it is ten years since I joined. Wondering if there was some "fine print" to my life membership.

Wayne the fuhror needs to cover his expenses.

Board of Directors should have shown him the door already.

Joined the GOA and donate to Comm2A. Wayne's gun lobby doing more harm than good these days. The ship needs to be turned around or will sink.

"NRA Super-Life Member Levels: NRA Super-Life memberships are levels just above Life Member, and are characterized by one-time cash donations, and include Patron, Benefactor, and Endowment levels. Currently, members must..."

... be willing to pay for suits. (I added that)

I'm doubting that I'll renew once my 5 year membership expires... Only decent thing from it is the magazine. Even that is 'meh' these days. Not worth the cost of membership at this point. Especially with the shitshow it's become.

Relax Francis. Look, just read the letter, it's the same mailing that they have been sending for years whenever they are offering discounts to higher levels of life memberships. They put out a couple of notices that the deadline for these discounts are expiring, not that your life membership is expiring.

Relax Francis. Look, just read the letter, it's the same mailing that they have been sending for years whenever they are offering discounts to higher levels of life memberships. They put out a couple of notices that the deadline for these discounts are expiring, not that your life membership is expiring.

If you read the original post Francis you would see I read the email and it’s not that, but thanks for contributing

Haaaaa!!!!! Friggin NRA!!!! Your life membership is due, pay now please, WTF!!! Hopefully all you guys that blindly support the NRA finally get it, your life membships arnt any good anymore. They will be telling you to turn in your shotguns and revolvers next. Cant wait to hear all the schills excuses now....

If you read the original post Francis you would see I read the email and it’s not that, but thanks for contributing

I did read it but every time some one complains about anything the NRA does from fund raising to poor judgement or wrong according to their opinion, the people who have less than favorable opinions see another confirmation that the NRA is not (in their opinion) a needed organization. No matter what they think, the NRA is still a big voice in DC and in many states. Gun owners should keep the negatives out, we need every political lever and pro-gun organization to fight the anti 2A people and not kick the crap out of each other no matter what. The left has been very effective that way and if we don't learn from that we won't need this forum in the future, it will be too late.

I did read it but every time some one complains about anything the NRA does from fund raising to poor judgement or wrong according to their opinion, the people who have less than favorable opinions see another confirmation that the NRA is not (in their opinion) a needed organization. No matter what they think, the NRA is still a big voice in DC and in many states. Gun owners should keep the negatives out, we need every political lever and pro-gun organization to fight the anti 2A people and not kick the crap out of each other no matter what. The left has been very effective that way and if we don't learn from that we won't need this forum in the future, it will be too late.
f*** all that noise!

Not everyone talking negatively about the NRA thinks it's not needed. It's needed now more than ever. However......that is not an excuse for OUR MONEY going to pay for a quarter million worth of designer suits for Wayne, a luxury apartment for a cute little intern, and 18 mil to an attorney for 13 months of work (said attorney being the son in law of ack mack royalty). I'm tired of the old school NRA lifers telling us to shush up and not bad mouth the NRA because "it just helps the anti". f*** that......my hope here is that the NRA board and executive committee gets blown out of the water and new blood takes it over and starts the NRA on a path to defending our rights......while staying legit and not squandering our money.

The NRA could evolve into a better.....more efficient......more focused 2a rights organization. We don't need creepy Wayne.....ack mack......Brewer.....or the old croney board members.....but we do need the NRA.

f*** all that noise!

Not everyone talking negatively about the NRA thinks it's not needed. It's needed now more than ever. However......that is not an excuse for OUR MONEY going to pay for a quarter million worth of designer suits for Wayne, a luxury apartment for a cute little intern, and 18 mil to an attorney for 13 months of work (said attorney being the son in law of ack mack royalty). I'm tired of the old school NRA lifers telling us to shush up and not bad mouth the NRA because "it just helps the anti". f*** that......my hope here is that the NRA board and executive committee gets blown out of the water and new blood takes it over and starts the NRA on a path to defending our rights......while staying legit and not squandering our money.

The NRA could evolve into a better.....more efficient......more focused 2a rights organization. We don't need creepy Wayne.....ack mack......Brewer.....or the old croney board members.....but we do need the NRA.

take a look back to see what happened at the NRA annual meeting back in 1976 in Cincinnati. the old guard was removed and Harlon Carter took over, the same might be needed now, but it takes all of the members to come together with a single purpose, not simply rag about how they don't like what they're doing and then do nothing. it's time to get active and push the organization in the direction that you want it to go.

take a look back to see what happened at the NRA annual meeting back in 1976 in Cincinnati. the old guard was removed and Harlon Carter took over, the same might be needed now, but it takes all of the members to come together with a single purpose, not simply rag about how they don't like what they're doing and then do nothing. it's time to get active and push the organization in the direction that you want it to go.
I've sent 3 emails already. I'm telling them my membership comes due in March of 2020.......if Wayne's still in the chair I'm not renewing.

There's the concept that one should never attribute to malice what can be more easily explained by incompetence. (or stupidity)

I'm not entirely sure what's going on here.

I get shit from them saying, "OH NOES! YOUR MEMBERSHIP IS EXPIRING!" but with the wrong date. One time I wasn't paying attention and renewed even though I'd already renewed the year before, and it added 5 years to my sentence.

Yesterday I got an envelope that says:

MEMBERSHIP NOTIFICATION
August 2, 2019 Expiration

But looking on the NRA website they say my membership expires in 2028. Yes, in NINE YEARS.

In this case, "sneaky marketing" makes it look more like "malice" than "incompetence".

Nowhere inside the envelope does it show when my membership expires.

The "Aug. 2, 2019" thing is the end of some promotion where I'd get two extra years for some discount.

It's deliberately misleading for sure.

I've sent 3 emails already. I'm telling them my membership comes due in March of 2020.......if Wayne's still in the chair I'm not renewing.

Every request for money comes with a postage paid envelope.

Put your note in that and send it in.

Back
Top Bottom