NRA Life Membership

I've read on a bunch of other blogs that the NRA will currently give you a Life Membership for $300 as long as you have a sponsor that is already a life member. All that you will need is the contact information and NRA ID# of the current life member. Has anyone had any success with this? I would love to see if this works and upgrade my membership to life at all possible.

Id be interested if its true. Keep me in the loop.

I've read on a bunch of other blogs that the NRA will currently give you a Life Membership for $300 as long as you have a sponsor that is already a life member. All that you will need is the contact information and NRA ID# of the current life member. Has anyone had any success with this? I would love to see if this works and upgrade my membership to life at all possible.

I havent received anything on this, but it's how I got my Life membership. (Through a kind member of this board). If you PM me to remind me, I will call NRA on Monday and check if I can sponsor you for this deal.

Thanks everyone. An awesome member PM'd me. I should be all set. I will let everyone know if I am successful once the NRA processes my information.

I got my life membership that way from someone here on the board. I haven't received any notices recently about being able to do this for others.

I just found some more info about this. There is a website that a current life member goes to and he/she enters their information. The next page will then offer then an opportunity to upgrade their status (from Life to Endowment, Endowment to Patron, or Patron to Benefactor). They don't have to upgrade, they just have the opportunity to do so at a great savings ($250 from Life to Endowment which normally costs $1,000. The next page allows them to purchase a gift membership for others. They can either purchase a gift life membership for $300 or an annual membership for $20 for a family member or friend.

Since I'm a pretty friendly guy, does any Life Member want to hook up a new friend??

Last edited:
trippingpara,

I looked after this thread was started and the old link that I had used a couple of years ago no longer leads to the webpages you mention. The pages I found allowed me to sign up friends/family at $1K (MSRP).

I'm a Lifer but am unaware of any similar ($300) program right now.

In addition, pyro451 accused me and Derek of defrauding NRA and threatened to "turn us in", hence both of us decided to kill off the offer at that point. Nothing that I saw proved his point, but who wants the hassle. [I did send an Email to NRA Membership to ask about it and in typical NRA fashion, I never received any response.]

Last September I called the NRA, pressed option 4 (life members) and asked if the $300 life membership was still available - she said yes, and I promptly gave her my credit card for wife and I. I did not need a sponsir

IT WORKED! I called 1800-672-3888 and pressed 1 then 2. Told them a life member wanted to sponsor me for the $300 membership. Gave them my sponsors ID#, then my current ID# and my debit card info. No problem at all! [dance]

IT WORKED! I called 1800-672-3888 and pressed 1 then 2. Told them a life member wanted to sponsor me for the $300 membership. Gave them my sponsors ID#, then my current ID# and my debit card info. No problem at all! [dance]

SML7318, what did you need of the sponser just their ID# or other info also? If it is that simple I would be happy to sponser someone. If you are a member here and still need it let me know.

Jay P.

Back
Top Bottom