• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA or NoRA ?

I left them years ago. Unfortunately, there is only one range near us, and they require NRA membership to join. šŸ˜ž
Have you asked about them changing it to GOAL or Comm2a? Or any 2a organization?

Iā€™ve found that a lot of clubs have changed in the past few years if a person stood up and asked for GOAL to be included. It really shouldnā€™t be that controversial to update it.

I assume that a lot of people had lifetime memberships from the 90ā€™s before Wayne really corrupted everything

I have a lifetime membership. They called me yesterday morning and offered to upgrade my lifetime membership for 50% off. First off wtf?! Upgrade to what? a 2 lifetime membership?

The lady didnā€™t seem thrilled when I said I refused to give any more money to the NRA until they replace their Management and Board of Directors with people that actually cared about the 2A.
They aren't perfect, but without them, there would not be a second amendment. They are flawed, but you go with what you have.

Fund them and other organizations both. They are the wall against the Democrat attackers.

The NRA spends more than 5 times the amount GOA spends lobbying Congress. Both groups have several different mechanisms but at the end of the day I determined that any effort to determine "who is better" was a wasted exercise in what exactly is the point. I support both. Support who you want is fine but some who bash the NRA do it as some sort of badge of honor who are completely blinded by the bigger picture.

Have you asked about them changing it to GOAL or Comm2a? Or any 2a organization?

Iā€™ve found that a lot of clubs have changed in the past few years if a person stood up and asked for GOAL to be included. It really shouldnā€™t be that controversial to update it.

I assume that a lot of people had lifetime memberships from the 90ā€™s before Wayne really corrupted everything
The club is in NH. I'm sure they are using the NRA because they are the only ones to offer liability insurance to clubs.
They all have their purpose. Iā€™m life with GOAL, SAF, GOA, NRA and monthly auto credit card payments to Comm2A.

I didnā€™t know about FPC. Iā€™ll have to look them up.
FPC is great. They are the ones who fought against the CA mag limit in court, and won.

For every 1 piece of mail the NRA sends me GOA sends 10. And that's a damn straight fact.

This is true. I called the NRA years ago and told them to stop calling and mailing me. And they actually did. I should call GOA and do the same

The NRA is say 5 Million Members. GOA is about 2 Million Members. You have about 100 Million Gun Owners in America.

Having 7 Million Gun Owners carry the water for over 100 Million ain't sustainable. I know some will say that you can contribute without being a member but I'm telling you the amount of Free2Aers in this country is both a shame and disappointing.

The NRA is say 5 Million Members. GOA is about 2 Million Members. You have about 100 Million Gun Owners in America.

Having 7 Million Gun Owners carry the water for over 100 Million ain't sustainable. I know some will say that you can contribute without being a member but I'm telling you the amount of Free2Aers in this country is both a shame and disappointing.

So true.

GOAL, GOA, SFA, FPC and Comm2a are better choices. I quit NRA after 20+ years of getting nothing from them

I'm a Patron Member of the NRA so I'm in for life but they get nothing else from me until Wayne is gone and they clean up their act.
GOAL, COMM 2A, SAF, GOA are all much better but like someone else posted the NRA makes anti's heads explode.
Just look at the lawsuit brought by NY AG, most anti's have never heard of GOA, FPC, etc.

And, I should have said I also don't really care. It's just that NRA bashes love to say the NRA bothers them too much. Like somehow that's of some impotance in the big picture end game.
Spending my donation/dues to market me to give more money is not a good use of my donation.

The ā€œend game,ā€ as you say, is effecting change. Not getting more of my change ā€¦

Spending my donation/dues to market me to give more money is not a good use of my donation.

The ā€œend game,ā€ as you say, is effecting change. Not getting more of my change ā€¦
Well, if these organizations could get more change from those that sit on their hands they would less of our change........

I'm a lifetime NRA member and a Goal member.
But whenever I have a few bucks to throw at the cause, it goes to Comm2a.

Do I hate the current leadership at the NRA? Yeah. Everyone does. But they still get the most traction and enrage the most liberals, on a national level.

Back
Top Bottom