• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NRA or NoRA ?

I know the NRA has its issues but they're the ones who liberals cry about. Liberals hate the NRA therefore I think it's worth sending them a few bucks. I think dues are $45 now? And it doesn't have to be one or the other. We can and should donate to all of them.

If this isn't worth $45 what the hell is? Brady | What You Need to Know About the NRA's Supreme Court Lawsuit

Last edited:
You think so? If it were, one would think it would be mentioned in the decision of the court in some location other than a footnote referring to the name of another case.

You don't actually believe that the New York Rifle and Pistol Club had the money, Lawyers and the power to carry that case correct?

The NRA can't bring that case as they weren't the aggrieved party. But they "joined" the suit and provided the hammers that were used.

While I don’t agree with how the NRA has been managed in the past 10+ years, they are still the largest pro-2A organization and the primary focus of the anti- movement. For that reason, they serve a purpose while Goal, Comm2A and other organizations are expected to be better advocates.

My $0.02 (for what it’s worth) is not to count out the NRA, because without a main focus on them, attention will turn to the smaller organizations and the political engine will pick them apart and bankrupt them one by one…

Well, if these organizations could get more change from those that sit on their hands they would less of our change........
Where in ANY of what I wrote do you imagine I said sit on one’s hands?

Stop putting words in my mouth.

You don't actually believe that the New York Rifle and Pistol Club had the money, Lawyers and the power to carry that case correct?
"You don't actually believe Mom and Dad could have put all that stuff under the tree, do you? It had to be Santa."

The NRA can't bring that case as they weren't the aggrieved party. But they "joined" the suit and provided the hammers that were used.
They clearly didn't "join" the suit as they're not mentioned anywhere in the decision, even as amici.

So, citation needed. Random speculation doesn't count. You need something along the lines of it showing up in the organization's expenditures. Or even the NRA saying that they paid for the suit or provided the lawyers. They've never been short on self-promotion. If it really was theirs, every fundraising email would be saying so.

Last edited:
I belong to 4 gun clubs 2 in MA. and 2 in NH I think they all require an NRA membership, that and the fact I have mt instructor credentials and mid and long range classifications thru them. The thing that annoys me the most is they spend half of my membership money on postage sending me stuff to ask for more money that goes in the trash.
I get more mailers from SAF, GOA, and CCRKBA than NRA.

Pretty sure the NRA funds a lot of what GOAL does behind the scenes here in MA. You say "GOAL" people here say "huh". You say "NRA" and Karens here lose their mind.
They do.

There are like 40 threads talking sh*t about the NRA and someone from Comm2A always posts that the NRA funds stuff they do.

How much, I have no idea. How easy it is to get the money, I have no idea. Why the NRA doesn't advertise it, I have no idea.

But, if we all just send money to Comm2A they won't need as much help from the NRA.

Tom King

"Now, it can’t be said enough that this case, New York State Rifle & Pistol Association v. Bruen, would not have moved forward without the NRA’s legal and financial support. This case would not have begun without the NYSRPA and it could not have made it through the process without the NRA." Tom King, president of the NYSRPA

The NRA spends more than 5 times the amount GOA spends lobbying Congress.
Lobbying Congress accomplishes nothing; as it regularly pointed out, NRA's entire lobbying budget isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to other industries, including public employee labor unions.

What victories have you seen come out of Congress? That they didn't renew the 1994 AWB?

The lobbying money is best spent in state houses. That money is best spent getting members to spend their own time (not money) pressuring state reps and state senators. (I had a NH legislative account until 12/7/2022, and I heard about every gun bill, from members of all the different NH 2A rights groups.)

The best money of all is spent carefully picking the right plaintiffs for the right lawsuits, because the courts have done far more good than the legislatures have.

NRA fought Heller and tried to usurp and derail it, but none of their plaintiffs survived to the end; it was an Alan Gura SAF case. Same for McDonald, where NRA jumped on the caboose and pretended they were driving the train.

Without those cases, Bruen never would have seen the light of day.

Do I want the NRA to fail? No, absolutely not. They're important as the big target for the anti-gunner groups, while the real activists get stuff done.

I'm a lifetime NRA member and a Goal member.
But whenever I have a few bucks to throw at the cause, it goes to Comm2a.

Do I hate the current leadership at the NRA? Yeah. Everyone does. But they still get the most traction and enrage the most liberals, on a national level.
I'm a lifetime American and hate the current leadership in the White House but I still support my country and always will. I am an NRA member as well as a Goal member and support the cause not so much the leadership.
Do I hate the current leadership of my country? Yeah. Everyone does. But they still get the most traction and enrage the most patriotic, on a national level

Lobbying Congress accomplishes nothing; as it regularly pointed out, NRA's entire lobbying budget isn't even a drop in the bucket compared to other industries, including public employee labor unions.

What victories have you seen come out of Congress? That they didn't renew the 1994 AWB?

The lobbying money is best spent in state houses. That money is best spent getting members to spend their own time (not money) pressuring state reps and state senators. (I had a NH legislative account until 12/7/2022, and I heard about every gun bill, from members of all the different NH 2A rights groups.)

The best money of all is spent carefully picking the right plaintiffs for the right lawsuits, because the courts have done far more good than the legislatures have.

NRA fought Heller and tried to usurp and derail it, but none of their plaintiffs survived to the end; it was an Alan Gura SAF case. Same for McDonald, where NRA jumped on the caboose and pretended they were driving the train.

Without those cases, Bruen never would have seen the light of day.

Do I want the NRA to fail? No, absolutely not. They're important as the big target for the anti-gunner groups, while the real activists get stuff done.
It's unfortunate that some can't get the real facts about Heller straight and have no real understanding of the ins and outs of that case.

"Not only did the NRA fund Bruen, a cadre of attorneys paid by the association who were at the 2018 Arlington meeting where money was allocated to the case served as counsel on briefs filed by other groups lobbying against firearms restrictions. Two of its state affiliates and its legal fund also filed briefs backing the association."

It's unfortunate that some can't get the real facts about Heller straight and have no real understanding of the ins and outs of that case.
Yes, it's a shame that NRA apologists claim victory for a case they tried to sabotage.

Meanwhile, the NRA budget is made up of rainbow unicorn farts.

Yes, it's a shame that NRA apologists claim victory for a case they tried to sabotage.

Read the ins and out of that case from start to finish and we'll talk.

Pretty sure the NRA funds a lot of what GOAL does behind the scenes here in MA. You say "GOAL" people here say "huh". You say "NRA" and Karens here lose their mind.
I thought so too, but I don't think that is true anymore, or if it ever was.

Now do the GOA Budget.

GOA claims "no compromise" positions that make members feel good, but they have little actual political, legal or legislative influence. That's called "virtue signaling".

GOA is basically a pro-2A e-mail newsletter that primarily exists to draw donations away from the NRA and continually solicit their members for more money. Once they get your name they send more solicitations than the NRA.

I used to be a member of GOA but dropped them when it was apparent they were taking full credit for the pro-2A victories achieved by the NRA.

GOA doesn't unite gun owners, it tries to divide them. If you think the NRA is not accountable enough because of Wayne LaPierre, you are going to find the GOA isn't responsible at all. All the GOA money goes to Pratt.

Just like Trump and MAGA, you don't have to like LaPierre to support the NRA. The NRA's purpose and effectiveness is bigger than him. Democrats are attacking now to cancel the NRA's political influence. Supporting these attacks right now is not in the best interests of gun owners.

If you don’t want to support the NRA administration, then designate your contributions exclusively to the NRA Institute for Legislative Action and the Political Victory Fund.

NRA-ILA | Home
NRA-PVF | EXPLORE NRA-PVF

I have taken a number of NRA courses with Jon Green @ GOAL and that is an important although often overlooked part of the NRA's mission -- education. I started with "Basics of Pistol Shooting" with Jon and then got trained and certified as a Basic Firearms Safety Instructor and a Basics of Pistol Shooting Instructor -- all through the NRA and GOAL.
I tend to ignore a lot of their fear-mongering but as an instructor I find their educational materials to be very useful.

There are a few individuals who have been wasting our donation money in the NRA, not the least of whom is Lapierre, a crook. However, the NRA has been instrumental in advancing the notion of "shall issue" v "may issue", and can certainly claim some amount of credit for the 25 states with constitutional carry. They also promote cases, such as Bruen, which affect all gun owners, even in such oppressive states as MA, NY, NJ, IL, and possibly the worst, CA, headed by that bitch with the hair, Gavin Newsom.

I'm not going to say that I agree with everything the NRA has done. But uniting ALL gun owners in every way possible;
including being a member of the NRA. Is something that I agree with. I am a proud Life Member of the NRA and many other
firearms organizations. Additionally the NRA is more recognizable to liberals; many of them don't know about GOAL, Comm2a,
GOA or NES. I love when I get a chance to rub it in the face of a liberal, that I am a proud Life Member of The NRA!

Let's remember that the NRA is bankrupt and LaPierre is a crook is coming only from Leftist media. Also New York officials who are using their positions to go after the NRA.

That being said. Is LaPierre an angel, no, of course not. I would say you see these types of expenses in many of these organizations. Does it make it right, no, but how much of it is actually true still escapes me.

In the meantime, as with all my donations I ask am I getting more out of the organization than they are getting out of me? In the case of the NRA the answer is an easy yes.

As a side note. I think we should all be very concerned about what rouge DA's are doing in places like Fulton County GA and New York for 2 of the worst cases. They are using their power to destroy what the Left hates. Trump is getting the same treatment in these 2 places.

If they are allowed to get away with this then none of us are safe and we can all be looked at as Witches and judged as worthy of hanging or burning at the stake.

However, the NRA has been instrumental in advancing the notion of "shall issue" v "may issue", and can certainly claim some amount of credit for the 25 states with constitutional carry.
The NRA regional rep actively derailed the first constitutional carry bill in NH, and tried to turn it into a bill requiring training and a background check before issuing a license.

I can't speak for all states, but NRA President Charles Cotton fought like hell against any real progress in Texas. He's also neck deep in hiding the corruption.

Exactly

This is what happens when you have a Board of "Directors" who aren't, really. They're either complicit insiders, or do-nothing celebrities who just go along with leadership so they can keep getting re-elected for their own vanity.

NRA needs a BoD of not more than 12 people who take their governance obligation seriously.

Back
Top Bottom