NRA

426wedge

NES Member
A few days ago, I received a letter from the NRA begging for money. I put a note on the donation form expressing my feelings about Maura Healey's actions in Massachusetts. I then told them that aside from maintaining my membership, there would be no more money from me. Probably falling on deaf ears and will more than likely wind up in the trash can.

Was there anything in NRA's First Freedom Magazine this month? I haven't had time to read it, but I thought it would be ON THE FRONT PAGE! I apologize if I missed it.

1360634567650.jpg

I get The Rifleman and I haven't read them cover to cover yet but I did not see anything mentioned about Mass. However, right now Iillary is a threat on the national level and they seem very focused on her.

Having said that we are the boots on the ground for the NRA and GOAL. We need to get out there and recruit others to support our cause.

GOAL can deal with the NRA for any financial support and inter-club politics.

on a side note it seems we do not have an nra-ila campaign field rep...so that position I'm sure they would be glad to get a volunteer from the state to fill...

https://www.nraila.org/articles/201...th-your-nra-ila-campaign-field-representative

and if you filter for Mass they are keeping the country informed by linking news stories and other reported events...filter on Mass..

https://www.nraila.org/?page=5&stat...191,8182,8186,8183,8187,8177&geo=#latest-news

Last edited:
The NRA is not the ACLU. They're primary interest is not striking down laws, but being written into laws so they can maintain their monopoly on "certifying" people in "safety" courses.

The NRA picks its battles very carefully only taking on what they can positively win. Their main focus it seems to me is lobbying Washington and honestly I don't know where we'd be on the federal level if they didn't have a presence on capitol hill. I'm taking a wait and see approach to see if they start any action here in Massachusetts before next year in conjunction with one of the state organizations.

I would argue it lets others do the work it should be doing and once they think they see a winner far along in court they jump on the bandwagon.

I don't see any NRA people down in the weeds helping normal people with trumped up gun charges.

They're at best ambulance chasers.

I'm a life member but over the years my concern with the NRA is that they've become an arm of the republican party and like the republican party there are people that are either selling us out or will sell us out if it benefits them.

I would argue it lets others do the work it should be doing and once they think they see a winner far along in court they jump on the bandwagon.

I don't see any NRA people down in the weeds helping normal people with trumped up gun charges.

They're at best ambulance chasers.

this is as true as it gets. sadly its all we have on a national level

The NRA has bankrolled a lot of pro-2A actions in MA that you might not necessarily know about. There is a lot of behind the scenes work going on by them.

Interesting thread. I was going to post something re: people's thoughts on the NRA, and what they actually do for firearms owners. Not be to sarcastic, but entirely serious; I'm not clear what my $40/year, or the additional donations they ask for, the $5/ticket gun raffles (for devices we can't own in Mass), etc. actually go towards.

As someone above points out, the Healey/Mass thing isn't nationwide, but state/regional, but I certainly haven't heard much, if anything, from the NRA about it.

Guess I'm not the only one thinking along these lines. I'm also guessing, from the jpg posted above, that this is not Version 1 of this thread. :)

I had to get my NRA life member # a few weeks ago to renew my Mansfield F&G membership. I somehow lost my laminated card. ???

Called. Got the # in about 2 minutes. Spent the next 4 minutes with this nice woman telling her I didn't want the SEVEN offers to give them money. [rofl]

"No. I gave to the PVF last month. And I'm a life member. That's it."

"Would you like to upgrade your life membership for"

"No."

"Thank you sir. At this time I'm authorized to give you the opportunity to sponsor someone else for a life membership. . "

"I sponsored 10 people for NRA annual memberships back in the spring. You're all set."

"Thank you so. At this time I'm authorized. . . . "

Shockingly, I'd probably give them MORE money if I knew that they would acknowledge my previous gifts. Maybe their spectacular cold-call-script computer could be used to see. . . . what people have already contributed this year. SHOCKING!

Back
Top Bottom