NRA's Marksmanship Qualification Program

My Distinguished Rifle I got from the DCM before it became CMP. Joe Smith was a friend and I got my last leg and called him and asked him as his last official act I wanted him to sign my Distinguished Award. He signed it and sent it with a note saying it was not his last official act as the next thing he was signing was a terminal leave slip and was walking out the door in a few minutes.

As indicated above Smallbore NRA Distinguished is much harder to get. It started in 1965 per the website. IIRC I am #125 on the plaque for Smallbore Prone. Last time I saw the plaque at Camp Perry I estimated there might be 175 on it. I got mine in the 80s. The reason it is so hard to get is you have to finish in the top 10% three times and you are shooting against those already distinguished to get in that top list. Smallbore back in 60s-80s had around 600 competitors. I never understood why but I got a second Smallbore Prone Distinguished medal about 5 years after I got the first one?????

Then there is the Presidents Hundred which is the top 100 places in the Presidents Match at Camp Perry. There is one for Rifle and one for Pistol. I understand they no longer give out the bronze medals for these.

NRA Competitive Shooting Programs|NRA Distinguished Smallbore Rifleman Awards I can't find a list of smallbore distinguished prone/position on line?

Distinguished Badge Program - Civilian Marksmanship Program This is a description of the badges.

CMP Club & Competition Tracker | Distinguished Shooters There are over 6000 Distinguished Riflemen Awards now. I am #514.

Last edited:
I have the guns for pistol but no pistol competition anywhere around me. HP was hard enough to get to but pistol is much harder unless you like IDPA or similar action competition. I think I have three hardball 45s basically unfired ready to go but no party to go to.`

Did you shoot for WTB MCDEC when Col Willis was there?

Different types of distinguished. The military uses the CMP distinguished program. http://www.odcmp.com/Competitions.htm

Here is how the points are broken down in a CMP Leg match http://northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=306

You can shoot 3 leg matches a year, 4 if one match is the National Championship. If you place in the top for medals you get points. After you have totaled 30 or more points, with one of the medals being at least a silver you will become distinguished.
LINKS DONT WORK

Try this one:

yeah thats what ive been looking for. I heard years ago word of mouth no internet then n never ever could find anything out. All this good stuff lays like a hidden treasure.. WHERE do they shoot? earning eic ? still nothing but talking no action or places. back to the back 300 acres i guess

yeah thats what ive been looking for. I heard years ago word of mouth no internet then n never ever could find anything out. All this good stuff lays like a hidden treasure.. WHERE do they shoot? earning eic ? still nothing but talking no action or places. back to the back 300 acres i guess
Just go to the OTHER thread you started in the "Rifle Competition" forum, where you asked where in ME, NH, and VT you can shoot rifle competitions. I replied with a link to the complete New England 2024 schedule.

Finding EIC Matches isn't hard at all. Actually EARNING EIC points is, and should be hard.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom