• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

"Nuther Black Teen Killed By White Police

yanici

NES Member
http://www.wsmv.com/story/27626340/police-respond-to-barricaded-person-shooting-call#ixzz3LyCYGCid

NASHVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
A 16-year-old was shot and killed by police after they say he shot a Metro officer in the Nashboro Village area.

Officer John Downs, an 18-year veteran with the police department, was shot in the leg at 825 Long Hunter Court while trying to take a robbery suspect into custody.

Downs, 42, is in stable condition at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

Police responded to the area after a victim told police two men robbed him while he was in his parked car Sunday afternoon. The suspects stole the victim's cell phone.

Don Aaron, a spokesperson for the Metro Nashville Police Department, said the officers moved to apartment 825, where they believed the suspects fled. The woman who lived inside the unit allowed the officers to come inside and search the premises.

Officers found the debit card that belonged to the robbery victim in plain sight.

The spokesperson said all of a sudden, the suspect appeared from a bedroom. The individual barricaded himself inside the bathroom, prompting the SWAT team and negotiators to come to the scene. Eventually, he emerged from the room.

Aaron said officers tried using a stun gun to bring the suspect into custody, but the device proved ineffective.

The suspect then allegedly reached into his waistband to pull out a pistol, which police say he used to shoot Downs in the thigh near his groin.

At that point, the officers returned fire, shooting and killing the individual, who was later identified as Xavier McDonald.

At the time of the shooting, police say McDonald was listed as a runaway. His mother said they scuffled over a box of bullets Dec. 7 and he threatened to shoot her.

The officers who fired, Lt. Ken Spencer, Sgt. Robert Nielsen, Sgt. Brian Gottschall and Officer Brandon Vance, are on routine administrative assignment while the investigation continues.

Several people inside the apartment were detained for questioning.

Read more: http://www.wsmv.com/story/27626340/police-respond-to-barricaded-person-shooting-call#ixzz3LzGfwhjY

The witnesses said that after the kid shot the cop he put his hands up and said, "Don't shoot." Then the white cops plugged him. [wink]

Well, witnesses don't lie, right?[thinking]

ETA: I made this part up but it could come true. It could happen to you. If you're black at heart.

Black Americans are 12.61% of U.S. Population, yet they commit:
32.5% of all Rapes, 34.1% of all Assaults, 54.9% of all Robberies,
and 49.4% of all Murders.

91% of Murdered Black Americans are killed by other Black Americans.*

The Truth isn’t Racist, it’s just the Truth!

*2010 U.S. Census and 2012 FBI Crime Statistics

but speaking the truth makes you a racist [rofl]

One could argue that this is not true. They do not commit at those percentages, they are convicted at those percentages. One could argue that blacks coming from poorer areas can not defend themselves in court equally to a generally more afluent white race. One could argue that because of the statement you made that if you were on a jury then a black defendent would be prejudiced. One could argue that a black defendent who is in a pool of 12% of the population is being judged by a pool of 88% non black.
I believe with a 100% conviction that racism and prejudice exists in our society. It exists on this site and you do not have to view many threads to find examples of it. My point is do not believe all statistics.

Yep. The numbers alone say they blacks should be getting shot by police 6-8/1 vs whites. G'damn racist math...

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=14864

A 2012 study by the Department of Justice’s Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention revealed that in 2010 black youths committed six times more murders, three times more rapes, 10 times more robberies and three times more assaults than did their white counterparts.

Similar statistics were released by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the “Uniform Crime Reports.” They determined, “In the year 2008, black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58% for homicide and 67% for robbery.” By contrast, the only categories where white youths surpassed blacks were in liquor law violations and driving under the influence.

Even black civil rights advocates such as Van Jones, President Barack Obama’s former green jobs czar, confirmed these findings. In his October 5, 2005 article, “Are Blacks a Criminal Race?” Jones wrote, “African American youth represent 32% of all weapons arrests [and] were arrested for aggravated assault at a rate nearly three times that of whites.

Let's not dismiss them either....
One could argue that this is not true. They do not commit at those percentages, they are convicted at those percentages. One could argue that blacks coming from poorer areas can not defend themselves in court equally to a generally more afluent white race. One could argue that because of the statement you made that if you were on a jury then a black defendent would be prejudiced. One could argue that a black defendent who is in a pool of 12% of the population is being judged by a pool of 88% non black.
I believe with a 100% conviction that racism and prejudice exists in our society. It exists on this site and you do not have to view many threads to find examples of it. My point is do not believe all statistics.

One could argue that this is not true. They do not commit at those percentages, they are convicted at those percentages. One could argue that blacks coming from poorer areas can not defend themselves in court equally to a generally more afluent white race.

Well in that case they would have to be letting 5 white murders go for 1 black murderer they convict. 9 white robbers for every 1 black robber convicted, etc... Hell the only person I can think of off the top of my mind who definitely got away with murder due to being able to afford a stellar defense is................................................ O J Simpson.

Also. The studies Dustoff22 and I referenced are based off ARRESTS not convictions. As noted in the top left of the pic below.

qa05261a.png

http://ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05261

I wish somebody would bring up Cameron Tillman. A black kid that was shot down in Louisiana last fall under very questionable circumstances. Only thing was, the Deputy who shot him was also African American.

Last edited:
this one will go nowhere.

Not written that way it won't.
By the time it leaves Rev. Al's desk it will read,
"African American youth gunned down by police after returning home from serving meals to the homeless."
" The young man was in his living room reading scripture to other disadvantaged kids when the police battered down the door and opened fire."

See you just have to work these things a bit to get the desired effect.

OK, if you want to make it about arrests instead then my argument does not change. Statistically, then, 88% of arrests are being made by non blacks. Of those 88% non black population who are on the police force and making arrests, what percentage have a prejudicial attitude toward blacks that could lead to an arrest. My point is that there definitely is a general prejudice against blacks and especially black teens. I need not want to get into the why's or how's but it exist. It exists on this site which arguably has a more open minded population who tend to have beliefs in liberty, rights and freedoms. If you want to dive deeper, one could argue that black teens actually feel prejudiced and may even be more afraid and/or vocal, and/or confrontational, and/or threatened by the 88% non black police/jury and hence lead to arrests because of egotistical non black cops. I do not have statistics to prove the following and it is just my opinion, but I strongly believe that there is a huge statistical disparity about wrongful convictions. My guess is that blacks have a huge percentage of wrongful convictions, most of which are not even known.

I am not trying to start a debate about race, I am just trying to say what I did earlier which is do not believe all statistics and that racism exists.

Also, from your graph, I see a much bigger decline in arrests for black teens vs white teens over the past 20 years.
Well in that case they would have to be letting 5 white murders go for 1 black murderer they convict. 9 white robbers for every 1 black robber convicted, etc... Hell the only person I can think of off the top of my mind who definitely got away with murder due to being able to afford a stellar defense is................................................ O J Simpson.

Also. The studies Dustoff22 and I referenced are based off ARRESTS not convictions. As noted in the top left of the pic below.

qa05261a.png

Thank's for the facts.

Let's not dismiss them either....

Not trying to dismiss, just trying to challenge. I am also questioning why statistics involving blacks vs white about arrest/convictions is even mentioned about a black kid getting shot by police. The reactions that exists in this thread already shows a general prejudice based solely on his age and color of his skin. Had he survived, he would be walking convicted. The difference I am trying to show is that innocent until proven guilty only exists for non blacks. If that was a white kid, then this thread would not be about the assumed guilt, it would shift to whether the police entered the apartment lawfully or how the owner of the apartment should have exercised their rights about searches.

Not trying to dismiss, just trying to challenge. I am also questioning why statistics involving blacks vs white about arrest/convictions is even mentioned about a black kid getting shot by police. The reactions that exists in this thread already shows a general prejudice based solely on his age and color of his skin. Had he survived, he would be walking convicted. The difference I am trying to show is that innocent until proven guilty only exists for non blacks. If that was a white kid, then this thread would not be about the assumed guilt, it would shift to whether the police entered the apartment lawfully or how the owner of the apartment should have exercised their rights about searches.

That's lame. The owner let them in and allowed the search. The suspect brought on further grief by his own actions instead of just surrendering and letting the courts decide his fate.

... The difference I am trying to show is that innocent until proven guilty only exists for non blacks. ...

worked great for Zimm and all the hounding he got waaaay before trial you got some very public figures calling on his assassination.

And how about that Wilson, he sure was "innocent until proven guilty", shit even Barry went on to imply that justice wasn't served.

How many good black kids get shot by cops? Seem's the ones that were shot were not the best of the bunch, doing something questionable.

Last edited:

Sure racism and prejudice exists in our society albeit it's not a one way street. Just look at the speaking gurus of the black race..........the Sharptons and Jacksons being right at the top and you'll find extreme racism and prejudice. Their followers seem to march in step.

Your point about not believing all statistics is well taken BUT if you only believe half of the percentages of black crime you'd still have to say the numbers are quite compelling!

Exactly. That is my point. Racism exists. Zimm was not guilty among whites and guilty among blacks. Wilson, guilty among blacks and innocent among whites. I am not trying to start a race discussion as it will go way out of control. I am just saying that racism exists.

worked great for Zimm and all the hounding he got waaaay before trial you got some very public figures calling on his assassination.

And how about that Wilson, he sure was "innocent until proven guilty", shit even Barry went on to imply that justice wasn't served.

qa05261a.png

Fascinating how arrests of black youth began to spike precisely as gangsta rap hit the mainstream.[thinking]
But then again, I love me some Schoolly D.

Your point about not believing all statistics is well taken BUT if you only believe half of the percentages of black crime you'd still have to say the numbers are quite compelling!

Meaning what exactly?

OK, blacks may commit more crimes per capita. What does that have to do with any single event that happens? The fact that people bring this up shows to me that blacks have it tough. "Compelling numbers" are completely irrelevant to any person on any event.

Back
Top Bottom