"Nuther Black Teen Killed By White Police

Every week I read about some kid that was innocent, shot by police acting on a bogus tip. Typically it is a 911 call about a drug deal, or they think the kid has a gun, he doesn't but he's shot anyway. Like a 12-year-old kid shot within seconds of the police arriving on the scene.

It has been happening way too often.

Please link us to all these articles.

Yes I believe racism exist. I believe that people here have preconcieved notions about black youths and that it influences and/or skews thoughts and beliefs.

It's not racism, it prejudice.
Was at a practice session for a Christmas Ball at my children’s homeschool co-op last night. Many ultra-helicopter type soccer moms in attendance as one would assume at an social event like this where 50+ teenagers are gathered in an informal setting. One black kid stood out because of the way he was dressed but that was it, he stood out from the crowd. Not one parent cringed or whined or even made a face when he walked up to their lily white little princess and asked her to dance. Why? Because of the setting they knew who they were dealing with - a well-educated kid from a stable home with values and morals compatible with their own.

Walking down the street in a bad area the same kid would be assumed to have a much different agenda if he walked up to them to speak to their little girl and for good reason. We can only make decisions based on the knowledge we have at that time. Given the portrayal of black youth in the media and the content of the news reinforcing it, one can only assume the worst. Change that kid into his suit and tie for church on Sunday and you would look at him quite differently walking down the same street. Same kid just different clothes so the racism doesn’t fit, only prejudice does.

Now you may say that I am mincing words and you may be right. However, prejudice is not inherently wrong. Prejudice that does not evolve into reasoned thinking as new facts arise is wrong but that is another subject.

Just because racism does exist does not mean every situation where race is involved is racism.

What a buffooon rommel is, man do I hope your the next knockout game victim.....your views on race are comical.

... I believe with a 100% conviction that racism and prejudice exists in our society. It exists on this site and you do not have to view many threads to find examples of it. My point is do not believe all statistics.

Well DUH.

Of course racism exists. Al Sharpton and the Rev Jackson are prime examples of racist douchebags.

Agree

It's not racism, it prejudice.
Was at a practice session for a Christmas Ball at my children’s homeschool co-op last night. Many ultra-helicopter type soccer moms in attendance as one would assume at an social event like this where 50+ teenagers are gathered in an informal setting. One black kid stood out because of the way he was dressed but that was it, he stood out from the crowd. Not one parent cringed or whined or even made a face when he walked up to their lily white little princess and asked her to dance. Why? Because of the setting they knew who they were dealing with - a well-educated kid from a stable home with values and morals compatible with their own.

Walking down the street in a bad area the same kid would be assumed to have a much different agenda if he walked up to them to speak to their little girl and for good reason. We can only make decisions based on the knowledge we have at that time. Given the portrayal of black youth in the media and the content of the news reinforcing it, one can only assume the worst. Change that kid into his suit and tie for church on Sunday and you would look at him quite differently walking down the same street. Same kid just different clothes so the racism doesn’t fit, only prejudice does.

Now you may say that I am mincing words and you may be right. However, prejudice is not inherently wrong. Prejudice that does not evolve into reasoned thinking as new facts arise is wrong but that is another subject.

Just because racism does exist does not mean every situation where race is involved is racism.

What a buffooon rommel is, man do I hope your the next knockout game victim.....your views on race are comical.

I guess shame on me for trying to show how statistics can be misleading. For trying to explain how preconceived notions tend to make people just believe in those statistics instead of trying to break them down. How people can make racist comments even without intent. How I find it interesting that on a forum board so dedicated to rights and freedoms that so many people are ignorant to what it really means. It amazes me that many on here try to use logic to counteract any anti 2A comment and that same logic disappears when it involves race. How so many people can get so passionately involved when a cop makes a statement that is anti bill of rights or unconstitutional yet have no problem when that same rationale is used in race.

If I present a graph that shows statistically that 80% of the population want stricter gun control laws, then it would be challenged from every angle possible. No one here would accept it or believe it. If I show a graph of the rate of crime of black teenagers then it is fact regardless of the source or accuracy. Why, because some peoples minds have preconceived notions and thus allow these statistics to just be accepted as it in line with their beliefs. One person even wrote how "American Blacks need to take lessons" from this couple because that couple went to school and has a full time job. Apparently I am the buffoon and should be punched in the face for calling out white sheeple

Your right - the numbers lie and all whites are racists.

Ohh, the crime rate statistics were from the Gov - Are you saying the DOJ is racist?
http://ojjdp.gov/ojstatbb/crime/JAR_Display.asp?ID=qa05261

Or that police, after seeing the error in their ways in the 90's, are becoming less racist? (1980 5x blacks vs white, 2011 3x)?

I guess shame on me for trying to show how statistics can be misleading. For trying to explain how preconceived notions tend to make people just believe in those statistics instead of trying to break them down. How people can make racist comments even without intent. How I find it interesting that on a forum board so dedicated to rights and freedoms that so many people are ignorant to what it really means. It amazes me that many on here try to use logic to counteract any anti 2A comment and that same logic disappears when it involves race. How so many people can get so passionately involved when a cop makes a statement that is anti bill of rights or unconstitutional yet have no problem when that same rationale is used in race.

If I present a graph that shows statistically that 80% of the population want stricter gun control laws, then it would be challenged from every angle possible. No one here would accept it or believe it. If I show a graph of the rate of crime of black teenagers then it is fact regardless of the source or accuracy. Why, because some peoples minds have preconceived notions and thus allow these statistics to just be accepted as it in line with their beliefs. One person even wrote how "American Blacks need to take lessons" from this couple because that couple went to school and has a full time job. Apparently I am the buffoon and should be punched in the face for calling out white sheeple

It's really pretty simple. Doesn't matter if your rich, poor, fashionably black, Irish green, Indian red or even tan or yellow. If you draw down and shoot a cop they will shoot back and you will mostly end up the loser.

Most definitely this!!

Back
Top Bottom