NY Cop Accused Of Illegally Making Guns & Selling Them To Criminals

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
Police officer accused of illegally making guns, selling them to criminals

Gregg Marinelli, 38, a sergeant with the city's Department of Environmental Protection Police, was arrested Thursday and charged with six felonies: criminal sale of a firearm, two counts of criminal possession of a weapon, manufacture/disposition of a weapon, conspiracy and hindering prosecution,

State Police and agents with the federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives found gun parts, tools used to make weapons and several firearms, including at least one fully automatic assault rifle, at his home in home in Plattekill in Ulster County, 75 miles north of New York City.

Many of the weapons were "ghost" guns - meaning they were manufactured without serial numbers.

They were sold to outlaw motorcycle groups and other people with criminal convictions, who are barred from owning guns

Well at least give them standard capacity magazines and stick the peons to 10 rnds. Police face different threats than the average joe does. Duh.

He worked for the cities Department of Environmental Protection Police, not sure if they're the equivalent of game wardens, or if they chase illegal trash dumpers.

Orange County District Attorney David Hoovler said:
"I am furious. Number one, about the leak in the case;..."

He's furious about a leak in the case above all other things?

Interesting priorities there.

Orange District Attorney David Hoovler said:
"I am enraged that a police officer would sell exactly the types of weapons that are used to kill innocent people, including police officers,"

Is this more "police are special people" thinking showing through?

Imagine if it was:

some guy said:
"I am enraged that someone would sell exactly the types of weapons that are used to kill innocent people, including white people,"

Back
Top Bottom