NY Times weighs in: "Gun control explained"

Most of these articles paint the NRA in the most unfavorable light. It should remain obvious that the 2A is an issue where the "you-mess-with-one-of-us, you-mess-with-all-of-us" mentality prevails.

I never knew heard about that S&W story in the early 2000s until this article. We definitely can't afford to have a major company step outta line.

Where they stick to facts (instead of opinion polls and "most people think...." statements), I don't see anything obviously incorrect in that article.

It does seem to lean towards bashing the NRA.

Is that accurate about Rhode Island? Can anyone with a valid carry permit legally carry a gun on any school grounds?

As long as they keep throwing around that "A majority of Americans are in favor of gun control" line, then they're full of s***!

The could have mentioned McDonald as well as Heller. Some of my anti-friends talk about how it is dishonest to say 2A is not a collective right, completely dismissing Heller and MacDonald.

"It's the law of the land" doesn't apply to the constitution: just gay marriage, Obamacare, and unrestricted abortion, because they said so.

I never knew heard about that S&W story in the early 2000s until this article. We definitely can't afford to have a major company step outta line.

Yep, that was an ugly time for S&W who at the time was owned by an overseas company, who just didn't understand the American gun culture. They promptly sold S&W to a US company who put them back on the right path.

Is that accurate about Rhode Island? Can anyone with a valid carry permit legally carry a gun on any school grounds?

Yes, permit holders can carry in RI schools, but most permit holders and legislators have no idea.

Yes, permit holders can carry in RI schools, but most permit holders and legislators have no idea.

I didn't know that either. I just assume it only was allowed in mythical places called Utah. The fact that nobody knows this is proof that it's not a problem.

When someone proposes the same thing in MA, and the antis flip out that the world would end, the response should be "ORLY? It hasn't caused a problem in Rhode Island."

Where they stick to facts (instead of opinion polls and "most people think...." statements), I don't see anything obviously incorrect in that article.

It does seem to lean towards bashing the NRA.

The NY Slimes bashing the NRA? Nevah!

According to them, the NRA should be labeled as a terrorist organization, but not Hamas.

Hello, People in one of these following categories please step forward:

• Under indictment or information in any court for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • convicted of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding one year;
  • who is a fugitive from justice;
  • who is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
  • who has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution;
  • who is an illegal alien;
  • who has been discharged from the military under dishonorable conditions;
  • who has renounced his or her United States citizenship;
  • who is subject to a court order restraining the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of the intimate partner; or
  • who has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence (enacted by the Omnibus Consolidated Appropriations Act of 1997, Pub. L. No. 104-208, effective September 30, 1996). 18 USC 922(g) and (n).

Not a bad article but I totally disagree that the NRA is a powerful force in politics. The NRA's budget is tiny compared to some liberal lobby groups. It's the people, who have the power, the NRA just takes the credit, or gets the blame, depending on your point of view.

Back
Top Bottom