NYC’s deer sterilization boss is making the big bucks

rep308

NES Member
https://nypost.com/2018/12/29/nycs-deer-sterilization-boss-is-making-the-big-bucks/

Another government program run amok, how do I get this $300K/yr job?

They’re bagging big bucks in Staten Island – and some deer, too.

The wildlife ecologist running Mayor de Blasio’s deer-vasectomy project raked in more than $603,000 in the first two years of the budget-busting program.

Dr. Anthony DeNicola, founder of the nonprofit White Buffalo Inc., was paid up to $2,500 a day for 250 days of project management and field sterilization work during the 2016/17 and 2017/18 seasons, according to city budget documents reviewed by The Post.

DeNicola’s wife Vickie was a staff member during the project’s first season, shooting bucks with tranquilizer guns and wrangling the dazed animals, the Staten Island Advance reported. That role paid $1,600 a day for 150 days of work – a total of $240,000 for a job that typically pays just $29,968 a year, according to Ziprecruiter.com......

If he can shoot the dee with a tranquilizer and then it is neutered so it can’t reproduce then why doesn’t he just shoot it dead so it can’t reproduce?

If he can shoot the dee with a tranquilizer and then it is neutered so it can’t reproduce then why doesn’t he just shoot it dead so it can’t reproduce?

Stop making sense , it confuses liberals.
They left out the part of deer having a very high mortality rate when tranquilized as well.
They were killing half the deer they doped up.
Now you have a dead deer that the meat is useless on.
So you just wasted enough meat to feed a family for a while.

When I mountain bike in Staten Island I would see about 20 deer at night. They weren't afraid people, they just stand there on the trail. Give me a .22 and $2500 a day and I'll have that population to zero in a month

When I mountain bike in Staten Island I would see about 20 deer at night. They weren't afraid people, they just stand there on the trail. Give me a .22 and $2500 a day and I'll have that population to zero in a month

A day of that and they won't be so friendly.

Stop making sense , it confuses liberals.
They left out the part of deer having a very high mortality rate when tranquilized as well.
They were killing half the deer they doped up.
Now you have a dead deer that the meat is useless on.
So you just wasted enough meat to feed a family for a while.

Why feed overpopulated deer to the poor when you can give them EBT cards?

Again, the government's purpose is to make itself bigger.

Do what an adjoining state does: silenced .243 rifle with night vision scope to control over run deer heards. That a lot cheaper and you just have to be the state biologist with a Federal grant. :D

Back
Top Bottom