• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Nylon 66 Mohawk scope ?

I had 2 nylon 66s That I bought with scopes. Both where just old school 4x non sealed pos . One was a tasco the other a bushnell. The mounts where cheap see through style.
The metal cover the scope mounts to was almost useless for mounting anything.
Don't know if you found this yet. I sold my nylons few years back and found out some info here.
NylonRifles.com • Index page

These were used 66 that had scopes mounted correct? I'm trying to find out what Remington installed on the ones sold new from factory with Scopes installed. Thanks

I'm not sure Remington ever offered the 66 with a scope. I think that Kmart had a deal where they sold a 66 Seneca Green/scope package. Probably a Tasco.

i just found a nylon 66 w/original scope on one of the online sellers, i think gunsamerica iirc, and he's showing a tasco box in the photo array. photo is below. ok, he could put the scope in any box he wanted but since this rifle sold for over $800 when the auction was over and the smoke cleared, i'm gonna assume it's correct. just passing the info on, not sayin' it came with the tasco.

pix378661863.jpg

Thanks for info, Im not 100 percent sure my self. I've in past seen several articles referring to a 66 w/scope.All info appreciated Thanks

I collected nylons for awhile I still have quite a few some were sold with Tasco scopes and slings straight from Remington. There use to be a nylon collector's forum.

I bought my Nylon 66 new in 1972, and it did not come with a scope.

Paid $49.95 for it.

Probably 30-35k rounds through it, still runs like a top.

I bought my Nylon 66 new in 1972, and it did not come with a scope.

Paid $49.95 for it.

Probably 30-35k rounds through it, still runs like a top.
they had scope package deals. Although mounting a scope on the loose stamp steel sleeve over the receiver was just about as usless as the Chinese sks cover scope mounts

Thanks that confirms what I had read in a few articles. Now if I could just find out exactly what scope they used. I have a beautiful 1967 Mohawk Brown that I'm Cleaning up and Restore for my granddaughter when she's old enough and would like to have a correct scope which would have been supplied to Remington on a package deal.

Sorry, I don't know - i lifted the text right from the Shooting Times page. It looks like that article came from this book as it seems to be exactly the same:
History of Remington Firearms

Edit: The scope seems to have been made in Japan and imported into the US as many bargain optics were in that timeframe. I wonder if MUA is "Medical U & A" - while they now seem to be mostly medical devices, they do have some optical lupes in their product line. "Universal MUA" might be the full brand name if the importer/exporter companies even if it wasn't this particular company.

Google Translate

Thanks CAR for the link nice article. What Does MUA stand for ? I've researched MUA find nothing!

Last edited:
I'm not sure Remington ever offered the 66 with a scope. I think that Kmart had a deal where they sold a 66 Seneca Green/scope package. Probably a Tasco.
I have three 66's and one came with a Tasco that appeared to be original.... The Kmart gun is not a 66. It's a 77 and it isn't seneca green... different green with blue streaks in it.... nice looking gun.

Back
Top Bottom