NYPD Brags on Twitter of Major Pot Bust that Turned out to be Legal Hemp

The hemp in question was discovered in packages that had been delivered via Federal Express by a Brooklyn-based company named Green Angel CBD. Although the delivery included the proper paperwork, a Federal Express driver took it upon himself to call the cops.

See something, say something. [rolleyes]

"Ronen Levy was released the following day with no bail but the charges are still pending. The NYPD still has not removed is self-congratulatory post on Twitter. "

So they leave the post up there and leave the charges pending. Because in typical cop fashion they would prefer to be viewed as idiots rather than admit they f***ed up.

Maybe they figured out it was hemp when they tried smoking the evidence.

Meh, they don’t know the difference(how could they?). One could put false lab results in a box containing high THC weed. Of course they want to use a different lab to test it. They’re not just going to go with a piece of paper and a hearty “it’s just hemp bro I swear”

Edited to add...That fed ex driver is a rat though.

Meh, they don’t know the difference(how could they?). One could put false lab results in a box containing high THC weed. Of course they want to use a different lab to test it. They’re not just going to go with a piece of paper and a hearty “it’s just hemp bro I swear”

Why shouldn't they believe the certification? Do you think a legitimate business that does these kinds of tests is going to just declare it is hemp when it is not? They would quickly be out of business. The cops could easily look up who certified them and see if they look legit, and even call them up.

Yeah I hear you. Would also be totally reasonable for the cops to just seize your car or house. I mean how would they have any way of knowing you didn't buy them with drug money just because you said so?

I love statist out yourself threads.

Why shouldn't they believe the certification? Do you think a legitimate business that does these kinds of tests is going to just declare it is hemp when it is not? They would quickly be out of business. The cops could easily look up who certified them and see if they look legit, and even call them up.
Because one, under the guise of a legit business, could create these documents at home stick them in a box with weed. They are probably in contact with the lab trying to get everything straight.

Last edited:
Yeah I hear you. Would also be totally reasonable for the cops to just seize your car or house. I mean how would they have any way of knowing you didn't buy them with drug money just because you said so?

I love statist out yourself threads.
That’s kind of a jump don’t you think? Just because a person doesn’t blindly go with a document as proof of thc levels doesn’t equate to believing in asset seizure. So if I put a talcum powder label on a kilo of coke, it should be good to go? I work in a smoke shop. We’ve seen bullshit labs results(not false thc levels but false cbd).

Last edited:
Because one, under the guise of a legit business, could create these documents at home stick them in a box with weed. They are probably in contact with the lab trying to get everything straight.
yeah, best to arrest someone for something totally legal "just to make sure". Seems reasonable.

That’s kind of a jump don’t you think? Just because a person doesn’t blindly go with a document as proof of thc levels doesn’t equate to believing in asset seizure. So if I put a talcum powder label on a kilo of coke, it should be good to go? I work in a smoke shop. We’ve seen bullshit labs results(not false thc levels but false cbd).
no, not really. I think someone legally possessing something should never be arrested, just so the cops can "make sure".

I think you comparing a talcum powder label to a legit lab report is a jump.

I know right. It’s not like police have any way to possibly investigate something without FIRST confiscating things and bragging on social media. None at all? Who do we think they are? Professionals with resources to determine facts and enforce and follow laws? No way! That’s absurd.

Just because a person doesn’t blindly go with a document as proof

Correct. They shouldn’t just blindly do anything. But that’s exactly what they did, no? They just blindly assumed it wasn’t legit and took it. They made no effort to verify it as true or as false.

Do you really not understand?

Feel bad for the guy, Levy.
He sounds pissed, and they held his brother for 36hrs.
He will have no recourse.
Fedex should fire that employe.....friggen' busy body

Cops are stupid drones anyways, I love when they ask you for license and registration, hey a**h*** you can skip that, you know its legit because you ran my plates before you pulled me over. Just hoping they can give me a little fine for not having the King's paperwork on me I suppose.

no, not really. I think someone legally possessing something should never be arrested, just so the cops can "make sure".

I think you comparing a talcum powder label to a legit lab report is a jump.
What do they usually do when the find 106 pound of weed? Tell you to go home and they’ll get back to you after the labs are in? That could be days in some cases. The NYPD street level test will show positive for thc, because there’s thc in hemp(though in very small amounts), thus the arrest. Is it an optimal system? Nope, but it’s protocol. If cops broke protocol in a firearms case you’d be up in arms. Cops don’t get to do what they feel is right, even if it obviously is.

Last edited:
Great point. Cops should be mindless drones incapable of thinking for themselves in favor of “following protocol”, regardless of legality or whether it’s not actually right.

WTF???

Great point. Cops should be mindless drones incapable of thinking for themselves in favor of “following protocol”, regardless of legality or whether it’s not actually right.

WTF???
Again...do you want cops doing whatever they personally feel is right? Keep in mind some cops want to prone you out for having the audacity to carry a firearm. Yes protocol needs to change in this regard. And full federal legalization would solve this problem.

Haha Jesus. Didn’t realize there were so many Antifa members here.

You are equating letting shipments of harmless hemp, or worst case scenario weed, peacefully make it's way to voluntary customers, with antifa? I'm not sure how I follow beating up people in the streets for not being far lefties, as being at all similar to customers of hemp or weed.

Freedom. It isn't right for everyone.

Haha Jesus. Didn’t realize there were so many Antifa members here.

I guess if you're on one side of the _________________________ , everyone else is a mask-wearing troublemaker

1573092840857.png

Right?

I mean, the only reason to wear a mask, is so you can do bad sh!t and not get jammed up.

Right?

Again...do you want cops doing whatever they personally feel is right?

I have no idea what world you are living in but that’s exactly what cops already do. I want cops doing what is right.

Fortunately there are already rules in place to help them out. Does it adhere to the limitations imposed on them in the Constitution, particularly the BoR? If no, don’t do it.

You want cops using personal belief systems to enforce the law? What if they don’t believe you should be carrying?
Yes, the country would be in 1000x better shape if cops took a second and said, "Will my carrying out this law trample this citizens constitutional rights?" Do cops swear an oath to the constitution or to whatever BS the local bureaucrat dreams up?

Back
Top Bottom