• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NYPD officer steals guns to sell on street.

Mina — a six-year veteran who worked midnight patrol tours — was assigned to guard the lockers as part of a 24-hour security detail created by department brass after the embarrassing thefts began in February.

Wow

“This is the lowest crime — to steal from your fellow cops. Somebody you work with, you dress with, you change with,” said a retired cop who knows Mina. “To rob a gun that could be used against a fellow cop someday. There’s nothing lower.”

What about all us regular proles?

Doesn't look like anything Bloombag did would have prevented these guns from getting to the streets.

He didn't really STEAL these, that would be bad and potentially illegal.. He only "stole" them, so it obviously a few hours on a couch and desk duty for a week... Kind of like Rape_rape is worse than rape, right? Or have we come full circle to the whole what is "IS" thing again??

NYPD cop 'stole' police guns from station house to sell them on the street: sources

Not really surprising. I'm aware of other stuff (not guns) stolen from PD locker-rooms where the only people with access were cops. Sad but true. That's why ~30 years ago when my late Chief suggested I lock my personal firearms in my locker while on vacation I said "thanks but no thanks" and took other steps to secure them. One day I walked into the locker room and had to put up with some serious ranting by a detective who found his Father's helmet (he'd been a cop back in the '30s or '40s from what I could tell) stolen from the locker room.

Cops are no different from the rest of society, there will always be some small number of miscreants on a department.

More than likely he was tracing the flow of illegal weapons through the streets of New York City using an elaborate gun running scheme before it was discovered.[shocked]

NYPD, along with the U S Military has a problem with gang infiltration, there are gang members who have made it onto the department and used the job to further their criminal activities.

Would not surprise me if this was gang related

reminds me of an M-16, recovered in Merrimack, NH a number of years back, that was reported destroyed by the NYPD after it was confiscated during a drug raid.

Back
Top Bottom