• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Oath of office...

Why is it that when we ellect an official to office and they swear to uphold and defend the constituion and is the bill of rights not part of the same??Why are they not held to task ?...I know,just a few stupid questions,but none the less..[hmmm]

Sort of a dumb post. In a different context, no one would know what you are talking about, but since it's here, I assume you are talking about 2A.

Now, like it or not, it has always been a question whether the Bill of Rights applies to the states. In other words, it could be interpreted as meaning that the federal government could not restrict RKBA, but that the states could. A lot of constitutional scholars think that under 2A, state gun control laws are perfectly OK, no matter how restrictive. A lot of the bold, sincere blanket statements that appear on web sites about the 2A are really just ignorant of the history of the constitution. Wishful thinking does not make something so.

It does apply to the second amendment,and there oath to uphold and defend it..My father put his life on the line for the same..I am simly asking why these people are not put to task for that oath???

I assume your question has to do with a lot more than the 2nd Amendment.

Most politicians take the oath of office as a mechanical process.

They don't really intend to protect the Constitution from 'all enemies foreign and domestic'.

In some cases, like with Obama, they realize that they themselves are 'domestic enemies' of the Constitution.

Obama has no respect for the Constitution other than when he can use it to satisfy a rhetorical flourish.

The beauty of the Constitution is that it is flexible. The founders knew that there was much they could not foresee and therefore allowed for the modification of the Constitution as society changed.

The beauty of the Constitution is that it is flexible. The founders knew that there was much they could not foresee and therefore allowed for the modification of the Constitution as society changed.

Not 'FLEXIBLE' but adjustable, via AMENDMENT, not via judicial fiat...finding things that aren't there!

I assume your question has to do with a lot more than the 2nd Amendment.

Most politicians take the oath of office as a mechanical process.

They don't really intend to protect the Constitution from 'all enemies foreign and domestic'.

In some cases, like with Obama, they realize that they themselves are 'domestic enemies' of the Constitution.

Obama has no respect for the Constitution other than when he can use it to satisfy a rhetorical flourish.

Yeah, a recent article I saw said that the Obamacare violates at least four of the original ten ammendments to the Constitution.

Could someone explain the " Living flexibilty "in the Constitution of requiring by federal law that I buy health insurance ?

Imagine , for a second , requiring every American to write a personal check to Halliburton , Blackwater & Ratheon to pay for my security services done in Iraq.

Now explain why these same people expect me to write a check to Commerce , or Safety Insurance .

Could someone explain the " Living flexibilty "in the Constitution of requiring by federal law that I buy health insurance ?

Imagine , for a second , requiring every American to write a personal check to Halliburton , Blackwater & Ratheon to pay for my security services done in Iraq.

Now explain why these same people expect me to write a check to Commerce , or Safety Insurance .

I can't explain it because it is unconstitutional and goes against the free market philosophy that has been key to America's success for over 200 years.

Now you really want your head to explode? Watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcBaSP31Be8&feature=player_embedded

Back
Top Bottom