• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Obama changes HIPAA rules to report "unstable" patients to NICS

I look at it this way....people are going to be less forthcoming with their doctors and now those that need to seek mental health help will refrain from doing so in fears of being reported to the gov.

I hope everyone stops going to shrinks and it puts the majority of them out of business....

I look at it this way....people are going to be less forthcoming with their doctors and now those that need to seek mental health help will refrain from doing so in fears of being reported to the gov.

I hope everyone stops going to shrinks and it puts the majority of them out of business....

+1 and it's a sad state of affairs. [angry] Due to medical issues, I have more contact with doctors than I would like. I always keep them focused on my medical needs. I'm also keenly aware of what I say regarding anything other than medical issues.

Just another reason that this years election is so damn important to get a Republican elected to reverse all of these EO's.

+1 and it's a sad state of affairs. [angry] Due to medical issues, I have more contact with doctors than I would like. I always keep them focused on my medical needs. I'm also keenly aware of what I say regarding anything other than medical issues.

Just another reason that this years election is so damn important to get a Republican elected to reverse all of these EO's.

im not holding my breath on that...... republicans could have defunded many programs already but have not. I feel a lot of "compromise" coming our way.....again

im not holding my breath on that...... republicans could have defunded many programs already but have not. I feel a lot of "compromise" coming our way.....again

Veto. They don't have a veto proof majority so the pres just vetoes the legislation defunding the programs.

Scary premise but this article sucks, it doesn't bother to really dig deep enough into the issue. Not a lot of discussion there about the mechanics of getting on that list, just vague references to people being "defective ".

Agreed and disappointed in the both Houses. For this particular issue, I am looking for a Republican President to reverse these EO's day one. Should be doable with a stroke of the pen.

I'm not going to hold my breath. How many Clinton EOs did Bush overturn?

If Trump get sin you can bet most of what this admin did will be overturned. I don't think obamacare would be that easy because of the financial implications. so that would take some time. But the rest could probably go.

This. It would probably have a negative effect. Rather than preventing "crazies" from getting firearms, they'll just avoid the doctor (and any beneficial treatment) entirely.

Haaahhahahha a Republican president will fix everything!

Wait, you were serious?

CYFdlonUoAAKquT.jpg

It's not just shrinks who will be reporting on this. Truly scary in that those with no "qualification" to diagnose mental illness (GPs) will be reporting this, especially in states like MA, NY, CA.

- - - Updated - - -

Veto. They don't have a veto proof majority so the pres just vetoes the legislation defunding the programs.

I may be wrong but I think O has only used the veto 8 times since he's been president.

Yep, here it is
http://www.senate.gov/reference/Legislation/Vetoes/vetoCounts.htm

just so long as you don't complain about the federal government or post on gun friendly websites, you will be good to go. oh...wait!

Wow, just WOW!

Here's your proof that liberals are NOT for the people. Would have never expected HIPAA to be screwed with.

Yes, I'm PO'd about it as far as 2A goes, but personally I find the combination of this EO and DHHS actions to be completely horrifying and much bigger than just 2A issues. What's next? Never thought it would be our government to screw with HIPAA like this. Regarding the demise of civil liberty as the article states, this is not a 'long game' it's a Scarface shower+chainsaw scene. Agreed that the ACLU is worthless if they are not all over this.

Does requiring two Tums with my lunch to chase down this sh!t sandwich make me unsuitable?

Wow, just WOW!

Here's your proof that liberals are NOT for the people. Would have never expected HIPAA to be screwed with.

They didn't like "no-fly" and other watchlists, either, until they managed to noodle out that watchlists could be used to block people from exercising a right they happened to not like.

They didn't like "no-fly" and other watchlists, either, until they managed to noodle out that watchlists could be used to block people from exercising a right they happened to not like.

Don't be fooled, most moonbats are perfectly happy with the .gov having watchlists and shit like that, their fake, totally bullshit "civil rights spiel" is just a dog and pony show to attract "people who would probably be left leaning libertarians if they knew better" into their fold of bullshit.

-Mike

I had my yearly physical in November with my primary care physician. She asked me a few questions that she's never asked me before, am I happy? Am I depressed? Am I suicidal? Yes, no & no....

I did as well but the questions were written. Some real winners for sure. I have no issues so I answered them then the doctor came in and did her thing but never asked about the questionnaire. I get dressed and while checking out I say to the receptionist what kind of person answers yes to any of these as I'm laughing. She said that I would be surprised at the answers.

well, all you need to have is one WELL PLACED lawsuit when a hospital or doctor violates the HIPPA rules, and the hospitals will all tell obumer to FOAD.

My wife's OB asked her if we had guns in the house and if they were stored safely and if she felt safe. Thats right....soon people whose field of medicine is limited to the vagina will be making determinations on your 2A suitability.

My wife's OB asked her if we had guns in the house and if they were stored safely and if she felt safe. Thats right....soon people whose field of medicine is limited to the vagina will be making determinations on your 2A suitability.

It would've been awesome if she answered with "I'm sorry, I thought I had an appointment with my OB, not the RSO on duty."

Wow, just WOW!

Here's your proof that liberals are NOT for the people. Would have never expected HIPAA to be screwed with......
Never thought it would be our government to screw with HIPAA like this.

I am kinda surprised, that you are so surprised. I fully expected this type of " back door" gun control, and I have news for you, it is just getting started. Wait until they pull your LTC because your kid skips school or commits some other benign act.

I had my yearly physical in November with my primary care physician. She asked me a few questions that she's never asked me before, am I happy? Am I depressed? Am I suicidal? Yes, no & no....

I just leave them blank. Like the " Do you wear your seat belt?" question. Totally irrelevant.

My GOD MAN !! What are you doing to that poor woman ??!!! I mean, if she showed up with a black eye I would understand a question. But what could she have possibly seen during her exam to prompt such questions? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom