Obama stimulis package.

Holy crap people!!! I have never seen gun stores so cleaned out in my life. I go to Rileys normally every two weeks just to see what they have, and maybe pick up some ammo a little at a time so it does not hurt the wallet so much. And gun racks that you normally see the same guns in, week to week are all cleaned out and some racks are empty especialy the so called assault rifle section. Even the pistol cases are emptying out as well, one rack where they normally have like 30 GLOCKS were about empty. I was talking to one of the guys at the gun store and he said the price of guns were gonna go up soon cause of the supply and demand. Are you guys seeing this type of massive surge of gun sales in other stores?

I haven't been to gun store in a week or so - but yeah, when I went to four
stores last weekend the shelves were getting pretty picked clean. I was at Rileys a week or more ago - and the black rifle shelve(s) were almost empty, but the hunting rifle/shotgun racks were still pretty full. If those start emptying out you know people are in a real panic and they are just buying anything they can get their hands on.

Stuff is starting to clear out. I noticed that Four Seasons doesn't even bother listing their used AR-15s on their "used" subpage.

Sign of the times.

Myself, I am waiting 6-12 months to pick up some nice used pieces after the economy tanks further and people realize that they couldn't afford all the new toys they rushed out and bought.

Personally, I'd be surprised if there is any anti-gun legislation until the second term. The Democrats aren't going to be so careless with their new-found power in both the White House and Congress right out of the gate. I think they learned something in '94. Besides, too many irons in the fire already with the economy and wars.

Stuff is starting to clear out. I noticed that Four Seasons doesn't even bother listing their used AR-15s on their "used" subpage.

Sign of the times.

Do they have any?

My local dealer has one, which appears to be some one's build.

I kind of hope this fever pace keeps up. It'll be a constant reminder that yes the government does want to take our guns away, or at the very least, restrict what we can buy to a very short list. It might also send a few signals to Washington, but not like anyone there cares.

What's really scary is the accessories market. It's gone completely INSANE. I go online and almost everything is backordered. Fortunately prices have largely stayed the same but availability is painfully low and slow.

Holy crap people!!! I have never seen gun stores so cleaned out in my life. I go to Rileys normally every two weeks just to see what they have, and maybe pick up some ammo a little at a time so it does not hurt the wallet so much. And gun racks that you normally see the same guns in, week to week are all cleaned out and some racks are empty especialy the so called assault rifle section. Even the pistol cases are emptying out as well, one rack where they normally have like 30 GLOCKS were about empty. I was talking to one of the guys at the gun store and he said the price of guns were gonna go up soon cause of the supply and demand. Are you guys seeing this type of massive surge of gun sales in other stores?

Kudos to Riley's for not cashing in on the panic buying by upping ammo prices. I picked up some XM193A (same as XM193, but already on stripper clips) for $325/900. Same price as 12 weeks ago. Ditto for their Prvi 145gr FMJ in .308, still at $475/1000.

Last edited:
How was Riley's selection of non-military rifles? A week ago, they were fully stocked. I'll be really worried if people buy every bolt action they can find just to have something.

How was Riley's selection of non-military rifles? A week ago, they were fully stocked. I'll be really worried if people buy every bolt action they can find just to have something.

Looked to have a full selection of shotguns, bolt-action and lever-action rifles. I didn't spend much time there, just took a quick spin through the used .22s, grabbed some ammo and reloading supplies, and got out.

I might stop in there again this week just to see what they have in stock. I go there and buy anywhere from 60-100 rounds of 5.56 & 7.62x39 every two weeks to a month. Yes this is a small amount of ammo to most. I already have a decent amount of ammo, and this way I can increase my stock, without having to budget or hurt my wallet. I also tend to agree that the Democrats will get around to gun control of some sort, but I think they have a full plate right now, And it will be a while. I think in about 9-12 months when the democrats have not put anything in place as far as guns go, things will slow down.

Myself, I am waiting 6-12 months to pick up some nice used pieces after the economy tanks further and people realize that they couldn't afford all the new toys they rushed out and bought.

Personally, I'd be surprised if there is any anti-gun legislation until the second term. The Democrats aren't going to be so careless with their new-found power in both the White House and Congress right out of the gate. I think they learned something in '94. Besides, too many irons in the fire already with the economy and wars.

+1

Back
Top Bottom