Obama: We Are Far from the Gun Control ‘Promised Land’

Reptile

NES Member
Former President Barack Obama told Oprah Winfrey during an interview on Tuesday, “gun violence is one of those issues where we are far away from the promised land.”

The Hollywood Reporter quoted Obama claiming we are short of the “promised land” because gun control has “become such a cultural hot-button issue.” He said:

It’s become wrapped up with people’s sense of identity and the degree to which the country’s divided and some of this is a big rural, urban split. It’s gotten very polarized. I think unwinding the polarization around that issue is going to take some time.

Obama lamented Democrats were unsuccessful in passing more gun control after the December 14, 2012, attack on Sandy Hook Elementary School.

He said he was “disgusted and appalled by the inaction,” adding “You had parents who just lost their children sitting in front of senators and asking them for very modest reasonable approaches. This wasn’t some radical agenda.”

The gun controls pushed in response to the Sandy Hook attack centered on universal background checks and an “assault weapons” ban, which included a ban on “high capacity” magazines as well.

Obama did not mention the gun used in the Sandy Hook attack was stolen, so no degree of point-of-sale-background-checks would have stopped it. He also did not mention the attacker had over nine minutes inside the school without any armed response.

With that much time on his side, the attacker could harm a multitude of people, regardless of the type of gun or size of magazine being used.

The review board that examined the April 17, 2016, shooting in which 32 people were killed at Virginia Tech found that a “high capacity” magazine ban would not have prevented that attack from occurring. The attacker used 15-round handgun magazines instead of those holding only ten rounds, but the board noted a 10-round limit “would have not made that much difference in the incident.”

I can't say that I was the biggest fan while he was president, but I've really come to admire George W. for the fact that he's actively avoided the spotlight since he left the White House. IIRC, when asked he said that he felt that it wasn't the place of a former president to criticize and take attention away from the current president.

It seems as if it never once occurred to President Obama to conduct himself with such humility.

I can't say that I was the biggest fan while he was president, but I've really come to admire George W. for the fact that he's actively avoided the spotlight since he left the White House. IIRC, when asked he said that he felt that it wasn't the place of a former president to criticize and take attention away from the current president.

It seems as if it never once occurred to President Obama to conduct himself with such humility.

Can't remember the guys name but Tucker was interviewing this dude on Fox tonight in basically the guy said that Obama is a gigantic stealth narcissist.... and is actually more of a narcissist than Trump even is you just don't see it the same way because of the way that he presents himself.

W being quiet is pretty obvious I mean he's an old-school swamp guy.... him being low-key works out well for them.

literally obama thinks if you look up cool in the dictionary you see his picture. i'm sure of it. women want to be with him, men want to be him. he oozes with understated self-confidence and he doesn't walk like any mortal, he gallops. he enjoys, or gives the appearance of enjoying, that when he speaks, the world stops and analyzes his carefully measured words for a heaven sent biscuit. in other words...he has most people fooled and can disrupt on a whim. plus he's on a book tour with the mission being give the people what they want. i can only think of 2 rock star presidents in my lifetime, kennedy and barry. kennedy was a little more discreet.

Can't remember the guys name but Tucker was interviewing this dude on Fox tonight in basically the guy said that Obama is a gigantic stealth narcissist.... and is actually more of a narcissist than Trump even is you just don't see it the same way because of the way that he presents himself.

W being quiet is pretty obvious I mean he's an old-school swamp guy.... him being low-key works out well for them.
Adam Carolla, he was Jimmy Kimels sidekick on the “Man Show.” He is a dry and witty comedian.

Rural/urban split? This dick thinks that metropolitan elitists know what's best for all the country.

Newsflash odumbo, most of America is not a crime ridden cesspool, like Chicago. His goal is to make all of America suffer under the thumb of nanny state central planners.

literally obama thinks if you look up cool in the dictionary you see his picture. i'm sure of it. women want to be with him, men want to be him. he oozes with understated self-confidence and he doesn't walk like any mortal, he gallops. he enjoys, or gives the appearance of enjoying, that when he speaks, the world stops and analyzes his carefully measured words for a heaven sent biscuit. in other words...he has most people fooled and can disrupt on a whim. plus he's on a book tour with the mission being give the people what they want. i can only think of 2 rock star presidents in my lifetime, kennedy and barry. kennedy was a little more discreet.
Men? You mean soy boy lemmings?

Why hasn't anyone of the Gun Control zealots in MSM or Mad Moms or Bloomberg camp acknowledged that there have basically been no mass shootings amid the lockdowns because the crowded, soft targets are non-existent.

Or is it because there isn't political opportunity in them given the election stealing and pandemic oppression and rioting and looting, so they have been ordered to cease fire on them until it's politically advantageous for them to happen again?

Well, yeah. Civil rights are “hot button” issues. Americans went to war with the British and formed a new nation over such “hot button’ issues.

Guns were objects people owned and used up until others tried to take them away as a key part of the Democratic platform. Democrats made guns a "sense of identity” matter.

10thA: “ The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.”

It’s hard to find any powers delegated to the US [government] or reserved to the States or the people that are not divided by Dem/GOP now. Denying the 2ndA has been just plain and overt. But corrupting the 1stA to include rioting, looting and burning as free speech and peaceable assembly was a new 2020 feature. Expect that to go on now when Biden takes the oath of office. He’s defending the Democratic Constitution, not the US Constitution.

Obama saw things clearly in 2008 when he said "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations." Hillary made the mistake of writing off the same Americans as a "basket of deplorables." Biden was much smarter - he called out Trump without directly insulting those who might or would vote for him.

It’s Masks, Guns and Bibles that divide us now. Democrats just keep adding to the list.

Adam Carolla, he was Jimmy Kimels sidekick on the “Man Show.” He is a dry and witty comedian.

Carolla has remained true to his convictions. Kimmel flipped (Sarah Silverman period?) and was just in it for the money anyway. He is far too "woke" now to do anything like The Man Show - must wish the reruns would just go away.

View: https://youtu.be/VtVbAsIxUf8

It's just another soft sell for tyranny. Sadly there is no planet wide ignore button for Obama or Oprah.

Bush is a f***ing c*** too he backed biden like a day after he got "elected"

The poor poor guy. He never once attempted to use his political capital to further gun control. 8 years. Zero capital expended. STFU, Obama. You NEVER stuck your neck out. Hell, you didn't even stick your stupid Chicago Drug Dealer neck out for "Obamacare" which SHOULD be called Pelosi-care because all you did was talk about it a little bit during the campaign and then sign the bill. SHE did all the heavy lifting.

The reality is that Obama has effectively ZERO political capital and always has - because even when he has it, he is/was unwilling to use it. (Look at his rousing support for Hillary. And Joltin Joe. LOL)

He's a 6 year old. He WANTS to win at the game, but he doesn't want to actually take any risk doing so. So someone else does his bidding and if it succeeds, he claims credit. If it fails, it's THAT GUY's fault. I'm convinced this is why he torpedoed Boehner several times. He didn't want to share the spotlight so he got to the end-game and torpedoed the whole thing so he'd not share a spotlight. Ass!!!

He's the type of guy that buys a team jersey every year. . . . seconds AFTER the end of the Super Bowl. Just so he doesn't accidentally back a loser.

And I get why Orca follows and fawns over him. But the rest of the troglodytes that do??? I can't figure it. He has zero substance. Nada. None. At least admit that. (OTOH, I've got a few people that I've encountered that think that Joltin Joe is going to be the best president in history of presidentialness. Uhhh, you've taken your TDS to a new level, folks. NO ONE wants Biden. Not even Biden. LOL)

Former President Barack Obama told Oprah Winfrey during an interview on Tuesday, “gun violence is one of those issues where we are far away from the promised land.”

The Hollywood Reporter quoted Obama claiming we are short of the “promised land” because gun control has “become such a cultural hot-button issue.” He said:

It’s become wrapped up with people’s sense of identity and the degree to which the country’s divided and some of this is a big rural, urban split. It’s gotten very polarized. I think unwinding the polarization around that issue is going to take some time.

Didn’t even say anything new (not that I expected him to) it’s just a longer winded “clinging to guns and religion” crap again...

Got as far an Obama told Oprah and thought “Ahh, two world premier race baiters” and stopped reading. The only one missing was Reverend Al.

Bushes are terrible. Deep state rinos to the core.
Remember, Bush 43 is very buddy buddy with Moochele and was invited to Traitor McCain's funeral and Trump was not. The Bush's are the epitome of the DC swamp. I supported both McCain and Bush but they turned on us.

Obama was the liberal wet dream who turned out to be a empty suit. Never worked a real job in his life, total academic elitist who thought his shit didn't stink. He campaigned on diversity and inclusion and after he won named REV. Al Sharpton as a trusted advisor. Total phony and ahole. The Obama's entered the White House with a net worth around 300K and after they left bought a 14million dollar house on Nantucket. Nice work if you can get it.

Why hasn't anyone of the Gun Control zealots in MSM or Mad Moms or Bloomberg camp acknowledged that there have basically been no mass shootings amid the lockdowns because the crowded, soft targets are non-existent.

Or is it because there isn't political opportunity in them given the election stealing and pandemic oppression and rioting and looting, so they have been ordered to cease fire on them until it's politically advantageous for them to happen again?

Depends on your definition of "mass shooting." Per this thread, they've increased. But if you don't consider black-on-black crime to be actual crime, then you're like most of us who wouldn't know or care.

He's right, in a way. We've only gotten farther and farther from the Promised Land Of Gun Control since 1934. Though, I doubt he sees it in quite the same way I do.

Back
Top Bottom