Obama: "You know, my daughters go to the movies..." (CO Shooting Comment)

"You know, my daughters go to the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been at the theater, as so many of our kids do every day?" -- Barack Obama reacting to the "Colorado Movie Massacre."

I can tell you, Mr. President what would've happened if Malia and Sasha were at this showing: The 45 assigned Secret Service agents would have turned that perp into Swiss cheese the moment he threw that first OC container. On second thought, he would have probably been apprehended at gun point in the parking lot as he was putting on his armor. And this whole debacle would have never made the news cycle.

Seriously, what's the point of his comment? Nobody there could afford a personal security detail, or one that was entirely subsidized by the US taxpayer.

Sounds like a quip from a desperate politician hoping to win an increasingly bleak reelection bid if you ask me.

Wow the president said something dumb? You must be shocked.

He should have said something like
“Ann and I are deeply saddened by the news of the senseless violence that took the lives of 15 people in Colorado and injured dozens more. We are praying

15 dead? Does Mitt Romney know something we don't know? Why is he even commenting???Seriously...

Last report had 11 in critical. Maybe three died overnight?

Also, IIRC, the initial AP report mentioned 15, then it went to 12, then 13, then back to 12.

A doctor pronounces people dead, not the news. If Mitt hadn't been so desperate to get his comments out, maybe he would have had more accurate info. Sounds to me like a desperate politician trying to get elected.

Oh and you took obamas comments out of their context. Not that it matters, as his speech was almost as pointless as this thread.

Last edited:
A doctor pronounces people dead, not the news. If Mitt hadn't been so desperate to get his comments out, maybe he would have had more accurate info. Sounds to me like a desperate politician trying to get elected.

Obama and Romney are using the victims' freshly minted coffins as soapboxes. That alone should get people to realize that these two scumbags are just that: scumbags.

Obama and Romney are using the victims' freshly minted coffins as soapboxes. That alone should get people to realize that these two scumbags are just that: scumbags.

I agree with you, but if they didn't say anything at all, one side or the either would make a huge deal about it. Catch 22 if you will. Obama and Mitt could have swapped statements entirely and people would still complain about "the other guy".

OMG Obama doesn't know how many people died in CO shooting!

Wow the president said something dumb? You must be shocked.

He should have said something like

15 dead? Does Mitt Romney know something we don't know? Why is he even commenting???Seriously...

The initial reports were 21 dead and over a 100 wounded and it was a right-wing teabagger that did it. ABC,NBC,CBS confirmed it!

There was so much misinformation out there that I'm surprised we even know the death count today.

Last edited:
The initial reports were 21 dead and over a 100 wounded and it was a right-wing teabagger that did it. ABC,NBC,CBS confirmed it!

There was so much misinformation out there that I'm surprised we even know the death count today.
Much to my point

he couldn't bear the thought of losing a daughter like when he lost his son, trayvon.
You know, I wonder about just how smart this super serial smart president of ours really is as he has repeatedly stepped up and said dumb !%#$ like this and repeated failed slogans and ideas tried and failed in smaller markets like jeep grand cherokee's "you had help" nonsense.

Then I remembered an article about the ludicrously dumb phishing emails... It talked about how we see them and wonder who the hell is dumb enough to fall for this nonsense? Why bother even saying it?

Their conclusion was that this just indicates we weren't the target. They are looking for someone dumb enough to send money to a Nigerian dude who promises to park millions in your bank account in return.

Seems the president is using the same approach and sadly, it seems to be working.

"You know, my daughters go to the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been at the theater, as so many of our kids do every day?" -- Barack Obama reacting to the "Colorado Movie Massacre."

I can tell you, Mr. President what would've happened if Malia and Sasha were at this showing: The 45 assigned Secret Service agents would have turned that perp into Swiss cheese the moment he threw that first OC container. On second thought, he would have probably been apprehended at gun point in the parking lot as he was putting on his armor. And this whole debacle would have never made the news cycle.

Seriously, what's the point of his comment? Nobody there could afford a personal security detail, or one that was entirely subsidized by the US taxpayer.

Sounds like a quip from a desperate politician hoping to win an increasingly bleak reelection bid if you ask me.

Drink the kool aid he's been giving out for 4 years and that comment would have flown right past you. Instead you would have felt as though Odumbo and his were just like you and your own family.[grin]

I think he was just trying to say that any parent would have the same thought: what if it were my kids in that theater?

As much as I detest the creature, I think that's about it. As el presidente, he's probably obligated to say something, and I think his comments were that benign.

Kind of like how the media is spinning the shooter's mother's comment "you have the right person" or some such - which was likely in response to something inconsequential like "we're looking for the mother of such-and-such of Aurora, CO", but they're spinning it like she was talking about her son as a suspect.

Fox reported he put on his "facbook page: come visit me in jail.

i realize that this is a free country, but sometimes this could be

a hint.

A hint at what though? I don't believe in a "see something,say something" America!!! How many people would the police have to investigate if every stupid Facebook (or NES) comment were reported? You can't play pre-crime with that kind of insanity... accept that we aren't ever 100% safe everywhere we go and we alone are responsible for our safety! I believe that's why we carry and why most of us don't want anymore "common sense gun laws"

I think he was just trying to say that any parent would have the same thought: what if it were my kids in that theater?

They weren't.

Fox reported he put on his "facbook page: come visit me in jail.

i realize that this is a free country, but sometimes this could be

a hint.

It's always that little "but" that starts everything tumbling down the slippery slope.

It's always that little "but" that starts everything tumbling down the slippery slope.

There's no "but" about that IMO. At the very least his friends should have asked what he meant by that. If there's a problem beyond that, then it's their (his friends) decision on what COA to take. Whenever I see something that worries me with a friend, I ask what's going on. That's what a friend does. The government doesn't need to be (and shouldn't be) involved. Friends should.

Heh...clearly, he is trying to relate to you and me, but your argument COULD be used to justify security forces at every theater. [grin]

If you think that either BO or Mitty is giving a shit for some names getting killed, you are very, very confused.

BO, Mitty goes to the great length to protect his family, his valet and his ego. You, on the other hand, are an expendable worker bee. These sound bites are just an opportunity to "let not a crisis go to waste" The reason it all sounds so disingenuous is because it is.

Back
Top Bottom