Of these three 9mm rounds...

ReluctantDecoy

NES Member
Looking to re-up a 1000 case of 9mm. Want brass FMJ practice ammo. Not concerned about weight too much. These three are the cheapest currently at Target ($0.17 cents/ea). Is there a clear winner in this group? I should pay more attention at ammo performance, but I always forget to note which ones I like.

Blazer Brass 115 grain
Geco Brass 124 grain
PMC Bronze 115 grain

Any one of those is perfectly fine. The Geco has slightly more recoil than the others, but not a huge amount. I've used all three and they all functioned perfectly.

Any one of those is perfectly fine. The Geco has slightly more recoil than the others, but not a huge amount. I've used all three and they all functioned perfectly.

Does that mean Geco has a little more charge? Might help cycle a roller locked blowback. Thanks for the input.

Does that mean Geco has a little more charge? Might help cycle a roller locked blowback. Thanks for the input.

A little bit. 124gr factory ammo generally has a little bit more oomph than 115gr (although that's not universally true). It cycles my M11/9 much better than 115gr.

All should be fine for target ammo, but I think Geco has the best quality/reliability. I’ve shot all 3 and the geco had no issues at all. Cycled reliably and was fairly accurate for the cost. The blazer had a couple FTE’s and a few duds while being in similar territory for accuracy as the geco. Admittedly I have shot less of the PMC bronze, but have had a few duds with it. Just my .02.

blazer aluminum is the best deal if you're not reloading it. Cheap and its just as good as brass but a lot lighter. 124gr is the nato spec weight for 9mm and the blazer aluminum 124gr is ridiculously accurate for me in both handguns and my carbine. I get like 2" groups of better @ 50yds with it off a sandbag with the carbine.

Is this for practice with your carry gun? Rather than cheapest, why not look at the FMJ equivalent weight of your carry ammo from the same manufacturer? I carry 124gr Federal HST, practice with 124gr Federal American Eagle ($0.19/rd). Might be a small price to make carry and practice handle most identically.

Shot a mismatch mags this past weekend of my last few boxes before this next order. Turns out the Fiocchi 115 ball I had left over from the last order doesn't reliable cycle the action in my clone MP5. Wolf steel had no issues, making me think the Fiocchi's are underpowered. I think I've heard a few people mention that here in the past, but it would also cycled my handguns. Never really thought where that might be an issue. I'd stick with Wolf if it wasn't so damn dirty. I guess Geco it is, and on the plus side, it matches the grain of my defensive rounds, as people have mentioned being a good thing to match up your practice rounds.

Looking to re-up a 1000 case of 9mm. Want brass FMJ practice ammo. Not concerned about weight too much. These three are the cheapest currently at Target ($0.17 cents/ea). Is there a clear winner in this group? I should pay more attention at ammo performance, but I always forget to note which ones I like.

Blazer Brass 115 grain
Geco Brass 124 grain
PMC Bronze 115 grain

I would use Geco above the other two, although PMC would be 2nd. Blazer would be dead last. (too weak).

-Mike

Blazer Aluminum for the price is again the best deal if your not reloading. I have used it in my glocks, 320 pro, STI, with no issues at all but all three brands you mentioned have worked great for me.

Sometimes I,ll use the blazer for club steel matches, it's cheap, it seems fairly accurate and the less omph is a plus for these events

Back
Top Bottom