• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Off list and bad info

Knicks

NES Member
I sold a cm9 to a member here two days ago. He emails me saying the pistol was great but the range owner(bobs) told him it was non compliant and it's not a good idea to have it. I explained to him he can own it and can be sold in a private sale. It's dealers that cannot sell/transfer it. Can someone point me to a cite that would make my buyer feel better. It's his first purchase and he's a CJ major so he wants to stay out of "trouble" he's currently sheltering in place.

http://www.northeastshooters.com/vbulletin/threads/37553-MA-Handgun-Compliance-Q-A-Thread-(new)?highlight=eops+non-compliant+dealer+private

To get the exact cites you're looking for restricting weapons for "dealer" transfers, comb the EOPS and AG regs that are listed in this link. As has been discussed in several threads lately, your search for a cite to NOT restrict a non-list firearm via personal transfer may be unfulfilling, since laws by their very nature tell you what you CAN'T do, not what you CAN do.

Last edited:
Why not offer a buy back from the buyer for $40 gift card since the gun is so evil?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

Why not offer a buy back from the buyer with 50% off since the gun is so evil?

Sent from my Tinfoil hat

He asked for a refund. That was my fourth transfer so I said he should sell it. He's new it was a college grad gift to himself

He turned down the harbor freight gc I offered

There is no cite. The buyer is retarded and needs to read the law. Is he a handgun purveyor under the law? Probably not. Even if he was, merely possessing it is not a regulated activity.

I seriously hope that guy doesn't become a cop. He's already demonstrated that he's willing to trust the opinion of some numbskull at a gun shop blindly. Just what we need in LE... people with a sub cereal box knowledge of the law....

-Mike

Another idiot spreading bad information.

I hope these people get put out of business.

Yup, typical Dealer BS . . . and what motivated me to create my MA Gun Law Seminar!! Maybe that guy is related to the RAT who terrorized a Glock owner the same way.

Tell him to read the first few sentences in MGL C. 140 S. 123. As a CJ major he better be able to comprehend what a "purveyor of handguns" is and what it isn't!!

Good luck!

Tmk the wordage in the "law" states that non ma compliant guns can not be purchased or transferred through an FFL. This was confirmed to me by the dept of CJ. Once the gun is owned in MA it can be legally sold and transfer via efa-10. Same as if you found a dealer that was willing to sell a non ma gun, you've done no harm, it's the FFL that it would come back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no confusion here, just a lying dealer and a dense/gullible newbie.

-Mike

How about the GOAL website gun law FAQ, which should be read in its entirety if you own a gun in Mass :

http://www.goal.org/handgunsales.html

And in particular the section that says:

Are Private Citizens Forbidden to Own Guns if They are NOT on the Approved Weapons Roster?
No, the list is a list of firearms that can be sold at retail by licensed dealers. Neither standard – the law or the Attorney General – limits directly the type of guns a citizen may own.

he now understands he OK have own it and sell it privately if he chooses. his new concern is whether it legal for him to CCW it. i give up

he now understands he OK have own it and sell it privately if he chooses. his new concern is whether it legal for him to CCW it. i give up

[rofl] Sounds like he needs extensive deprogramming.
14dzytf.jpg

Last edited:

Tell him that it is only legal on the 7th Sunday of the month, when it falls in the middle of the week, but only during a full moon!! [banghead]

Of course he can carry it, but he needs to keep it unloaded and 1 bullet in his pocket.

As long as he's carrying without a round in the chamber and not using hollow points he should be fine. Naturally, he'll want to have his CCW badge on his belt too and it wouldn't hurt to get the sash too.

[troll]

Tell him he can either keep beating his head up against the wall or he can just accept the fact that it's legal. [laugh]

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom