• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Officer loses rifle

It's been found!!!!!!!!!!

SALEM, N.H. (MyFoxBoston.com) -- A missing rifle and its bag have been returned to the Salem Police Department after an officer lost track of it during his shift Tuesday.

A "good Samaritan" returned the rifle after seeing it was missing in the news, according to a Salem Police Department spokesman.

Just before 4 p.m. Tuesday, the Salem Police officer placed a black canvas carrying bag, which had the rifle inside of it, on the trunk of his cruiser while he prepared the cruiser for duty. The officer believes he never took the bag off of his trunk and that the bag likely fell off of the trunk as he left the parking lot to respond to several calls.

The officer did not realize the the bag and rifle were missing until after his shift at around 11:45 p.m. He then notified his supervisors and an extensive search began.

That good Samaritan should have bargained with it. On The Wire 5-0 paid handsomely for lost guns, so it must be a real thing.

10906496_772878276121722_2813144923709413709_n.jpg

Sorry Ed. All mines for the takin'.

Last edited by a moderator:
it's NH, you don't need a permit to purchase firearms here.

lulz @ losing a SBR though. i keep track of my NFA stuff because the government would positively rape me via a team of dudes in ninja suits in the middle of the night if i didn't.

I thought you just called that Saturday night. [smile]

You need an LTC to be a cop in New Hampshire? Wow, MA transplants have really wrecked that state apparently.

Apparently not. My neighbor is a NH cop and we were discussing MA LTC renewals recently and he pulled his out of his wallet only to discover it had expired more than a year ago. Whoops!

At least it's not one of those "I left it in the bathroom" stories.

Like the Holyoke cop that left his duty pistol in the stall at the mall? That was a year or two after he put the department's Remington 700 in the bed of his pickup and drove away with the tailgate down. It was several months before someone phoned in an anonymous tip on the location of the alley where the rifle could be found. He's still working.

If I lost my SBR I would know immediately due to the loss of my massive erect....... well let's say I would seriously consider turning in my man card.

I would have grabbed it and found the nearest gun buyback and insist it be destroyed

It IS an evil black killy assault weapon and must be destroyed before it kills all the children!

It's really too bad the evil black killy thing didn't slide off the trunk and onto a school yard, then they could arrest the good Samaritan for possession of a firearm on school grounds.

LOL. I love how it's just a "rifle" when it belongs to the PD. But it's an evil, kitten-killing, black military-style, assault-rifle weapon if it were a regular "Mundane".

- - - Updated - - -

I would have grabbed it and found the nearest gun buyback and insist it be destroyed

No gun "buy backs" (I hate that term, did the state ever hold title to the guns that are turned in?). They're illegal in NH.

We have people leaving firearms at our gun often. Recently someone left a M-1 Carbine and didn't contact anyone for a few days. Someone put a cased handgun on the roof and drove off dumping it in the roadway. They never knew it until an hour later when they found it missing. They had no idea where it went. Fortunately someone saw it fly off and turned it into the local pd.

Not fortunate for the owner.

We have people leaving firearms at our gun often. Recently someone left a M-1 Carbine and didn't contact anyone for a few days. Someone put a cased handgun on the roof and drove off dumping it in the roadway. They never knew it until an hour later when they found it missing. They had no idea where it went. Fortunately someone saw it fly off and turned it into the local pd.

The incident that happen in this thread, if that happen here in New Hampshire to a non cop it would be most likely be treated the same way as it was for the Salem New Hampshire cop. As we do not have the stupid storage laws or need permission to own ammunition and firearms, Like the serfs of MasShiTchusetts do.

Really, because I'm pretty sure it's still illegal to have a loaded rifle in a bag in (or on) your car in NH.

[laugh2] That's so true for a lot of people I know(aside from the yearly pilgrimage to Vegas/Atlantic City/Disney)!

I even know some folks(now in their 70s) on the Cape who have never been over the bridge. They were born in Sandwich, lived their entire lives in Sandwich, and vacation in(while having never traveled past) Hyannis.

Here be dragons. [rofl2]

Back
Top Bottom