Officer who shot at front-end loader stolen by teens justified, AG’s office says

Lewiston police Sgt. Derrick St. Laurent fired at the tire shortly after 5 a.m. on Monday, Sept. 12, as the front-end loader was being driven the wrong way in the northbound lanes of the Maine Turnpike, the report said. “The operator of the loader intentionally rammed a northbound car, which had pulled as far off the travel lane as possible,” the report continued. Although the officer did not hit the tire, the boys stopped and surrendered. Neither was injured.
http://bangordailynews.com/2017/08/...er-stolen-by-teens-justified-ags-office-says/

All I want to know is how did the office miss? Those things don't go very fast and their tires aren't small. How poor a shot does the officer have to be to miss [rolleyes]

anyone else think the charges will include failing to pay a toll or running a toll booth? and aside from almost killing that other motorist who hasn't wanted to run over a ton of mail boxes and smash a fire hydrant? lol

"The loader turned onto the Maine Turnpike and headed south,”

Last edited:
All I want to know is how did the office miss? Those things don't go very fast and their tires aren't small. How poor a shot does the officer have to be to miss [rolleyes]

Just because the newspaper said "...the officer did not hit the tire..." doesn't necessarily make it so.

A more-likely scenario is that the officer may have hit the tire but without any apparent effect - i.e.: without causing the tire to be immediately flattened.

Back
Top Bottom