Officers hurt in Virginia police station shooting

Cross-X

Shooting at the big range in heaven
Dealer
NES Member
Officers hurt in Virginia police station shooting
Sources: One suspect in custody, another sought

Monday, May 8, 2006; Posted: 5:36 p.m. EDT (21:36 GMT)

(CNN) -- Two police officers are in critical condition after a shooting Monday at a police station in Fairfax County, Virginia, according to police and FBI sources.

A Fairfax County police source said the shooting took place in the parking lot of the Sully District Station, in the western part of the county.

One of the gunmen was wounded and taken into custody, sources said, and a second fled and is being sought.

The U.S. Park Police said one of its helicopters was aiding in the search.

Authorities said the suspects carried handguns and automatic weapons.

Prayers for their speedy recovery.

Authorities said the suspects carried handguns and automatic weapons.

I wonder if they were actual FA weapons or merely semi-automatic?

Update

Suspect dies in police parking lot shootout

Two police officers were in critical condition Monday and a suspect was dead after a shooting at a Fairfax County, Virginia, police station, authorities said. A police spokesman said initial reports indicated there were two gunmen, but later reports indicated only one suspect. An FBI official told CNN the two wounded officers were in critical condition at Inova Fairfax Hospital.

Hope the officers fully recover and soon.

Glad that they took out the perp, saved the taxpayers the cost of trying and housing the scumbag! Justice is hereby served!

FPrice said:
I wonder if they were actual FA weapons or merely semi-automatic?

if they had actully been full-auto weapons the media would have said "Machine Guns" They try to avoid accuracy as often as possible.

i'm anxious to hear what actully happened here....this story makes VERY little sence to me....

-Weer'd Beard

I agree, the story is very sketchy...

And was there only one suspect now because they couldn't find the other one... And they are reporting that there was only one to flush out the other...

He might see this report and think, "Cool, I'm off the hook. They only think that there's one guy."

Just wondering. IF they can catch people with warrents by sendign a letter saying they've won a free coffee maker...just saying...

Didja ever notice that when a guy shoots cops, he always gets dead?

I just watched the N Hollywood shootout on the HIstory Channel and the last guy was on the ground, cuffed and swearing at everyone, but he 'died' before transport got there.

Now this.

Just the way it ought to be, me thinks.

Shootout

The delay in the Hollywood shootout was that fact they had comfliting information about additional actors (preps) in the area and would not let any other emergeny personnel in. Many seem to think " He was only shot in the leg, how could he die?" Hit the femoral artery and see how quickly you can blled out.

But his passing wasn't a great lose to the world.[thinking]

Chris said:
Many moons ago when I was living in Ashland, they had a guy show up at the station with a rifle trying to get someone to shoot him.

People do the wierdest stuff.

Suicide by cop. When I was living in Portland a guy walked into a 7-11 and told the clerk he had a gun, and put his hand in his pocket. He didn't demand money, didn't show the gun, just told him to call the cops.

The cops came, and the man got his wish. He was shot.....with a 12 guage bean-Bag round.

[Nelson/] Ha Ha! [/Nelson]

Arrrr

-Weer'd Beard

Back
Top Bottom