• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, crazy question about my AR15

sbi

When I shoot it, I can hear the buttstock spring 'echos' when the bolt carrier returns forward, like an echoed spring in a hollow tube (which is what it is ;)), but it kind'a pisses me off.
Any way to stop it?

Thanks.

When I shoot it, I can hear the buttstock spring 'echos' when the bolt carrier returns forward, like an echoed spring in a hollow tube (which is what it is ;)), but it kind'a pisses me off.
Any way to stop it?

Thanks.
It’s not safe. I am an AR-15 safety officer. I can safely dispose of it.

That "twanging noise"?

One of the books I've got recommended grease on the buffer spring. I tried it. It's a tossup as to which is more annoying, the twang or the grease dripping out.

I like the captured springs, but there is also:

Compared to the stock spring, The Geissele Super 42 Spring has a decreased tendency to lose length and force over a given round count. As an added bonus, it removes the annoying spring reverberations (twang) heard and felt by the shooter through the buttstock. The Super 42 Spring has a 15% stronger average return force than the standard buffer spring. This will assist in stripping rounds out of the magazine when operating with a dirty weapon or when using steel-case ammo. Included H1 Buffer can be converted to H2 and H3 weight by adding tungsten weights (Sold separately).

Back
Top Bottom