OK, now I get it. All this "Buy a GLOCK" talk is like snipe hunting!!! What a POS

depicts

Army Veteran
NES Member
Well I took the new GLOCK to the range today and watched it constantly hang up and jam on Remington 115 grain FMJ.

After all the talk about how great they are, now I get the joke. All you people already found out they suck, and so you try and lure in people like to a snipe hunt for fools!!

Well ha ha, OK, good joke, I got it. I have a $500 joke sitting in my safe.

I will try it one more time. Maybe with one of you GLOCK guys with me like Boston Asphalt or someone who knows their way around a GLOCK. Find out if it's me, the gun or the ammo.

I've had trouble with the overall length of Remington Green Box 115 Grain FMJ bullets in other guns. Some of my Hi Powers don't like that little bit of length in their magazines.

I'll keep you all informed how it goes.

BY THE WAY.

The new little Kahr .380 that went with us today to the range was making 50 yard shots on the metal gong I brought with any shot I slowed down and tried to hit. It's a real shooter. It too was jamming and choking almost half the time. By the time I put 200 rounds through her like the manual said, it was shooting up a storm with no jams on my final 6 magazines. I will say I think the Kahr is a much more elegant firearm than the big fat Glock.

Flame on gents, my Smith & Wesson's shoot rings around this Glock 17.[wink]

Last edited:
3rd or 4th gen Glock?

Is it NIB or used? If it is used did you perform function checks to see if the pistol has any problems? I can list them out if you do have a used pistol.

Specific type of malfunction?

Last edited:
I go with limp wristing as a maybe.

I was shooting a 3d Generation Model 17 with my left hand in a two hand hold.

I had just finished running 200 rounds through my Kahr to break it in. I didn't know the Glock had to have a break in too.

The sighting plane looks like an aircraft carrier when I sight the gun. It is very wide in the grip and maybe when it shoots every time I'll get used to the trigger, which wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I know this gun has a great reputaation, but I couldn't prove it. *S*

Too high expectations. You talk about several of your guns jamming, yet only the Glock is a POS because of it.
My guess is that once you sort this out, you'll have a bullet proof Glock like all the rest of them.

limp wristing would be my first guess, but since your an accomplished shooter I'm on the fence as far as declaring it the cause.

the ammo might not be right for the recoil spring setup

go to 124 or 147 grain for break in or put in a lighter spring

Last edited:
I agree. Limp wristing with Glocks will create a bad day at the range. I would say more so than any other gun.

OR

A worn out recoil spring.

Rem UMC is garbage but even a Glock should eat that stuff.

I dunno what the OAL of it is, but I load my 9s pretty long, and the Glocks have always eaten them no problem.

-Mike

Too high expectations. You talk about several of your guns jamming, yet only the Glock is a POS because of it.
My guess is that once you sort this out, you'll have a bullet proof Glock like all the rest of them.

Both new guns jammed, but the Kahr said in the manual that it would. It said the gun needed 200 rounds for a break in. Lots of people complain about this in a Kahr.

I had never heard anyone say they couldn't shoot a maag of rounds through the Glock.

If my expectations were high, it was because all you Glock people made me feel like I bought a majic gun.

As for limp wristing.... very possible. I shoot heavy snub revolvers with a nice loose grip. Maybe I've been shooting wheel guns so long long I broke my GLOCK GRIPPER! *S* LOL

Rem UMC is garbage but even a Glock should eat that stuff.

I dunno what the OAL of it is, but I load my 9s pretty long, and the Glocks have always eaten them no problem.

-Mike

Mike, I notice that the 115 Remington stacks against the inside of the Mag on my Hi Power. Not all the mags do, but some of them. I thought that might be the problem with the Glock.

I did shoot 20 rounds of 147 Winchester and had no jams.

I'm going to have to go back to the range with this gun soonl

$350.50

The only time I've had a Glock jam is when I put a 9mm conversion bbl in my G22, and I fired it one handed. As soon as I switched to a proper grip, it was running again. I hook the front of the trigger guard with my weak-hand index finger, with both my thumbs forward.

B

I had never heard anyone say they couldn't shoot a maag of rounds through the Glock.

google "115 grain glock jam" and you will find a whole lot of complaints about the gun jammimg.

seriously run some 124 or 147 through it and I bet it doesn't jam.

google "115 grain glock jam" and you will find a whole lot of complaints about the gun jammimg.

seriously run some 124 or 147 through it and I bet it doesn't jam.

Glockaholic, thanks. That's good to see. I have a lot to learn about Glock no doubt. Thanks for that google tip. Who would have expected that?

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom