Ok . One of these stupid NES polls. What is your next gun.

Probably something that shoots .410 as I have two uncommon .410's on my list and now Kel Tec is coming out with a .410 KSG.
The only gun I ever traded was a .410. Had a Henry 410 lever action for a couple of years. The longer barrel version with the changeable chokes. Bought it for hunting squirrel......and for range fun. It was fun to shoot trap with and piss some of the old codgers off with by hitting in the 20s with a .410. It just sucked to hunt with. I realized quick how little horsepower a .410 has. Wounded and lost 5 squirrels the first day in the woods with it. Went back to my 12 for squirrels ans hadn't looked back. Traded it after nit shooting it for over a year.

The only gun I ever traded was a .410. Had a Henry 410 lever action for a couple of years. The longer barrel version with the changeable chokes. Bought it for hunting squirrel......and for range fun. It was fun to shoot trap with and piss some of the old codgers off with by hitting in the 20s with a .410. It just sucked to hunt with. I realized quick how little horsepower a .410 has. Wounded and lost 5 squirrels the first day in the woods with it. Went back to my 12 for squirrels ans hadn't looked back. Traded it after nit shooting it for over a year.
I assume you were using 3 inch? I'm not doing any hunting with it, if I get into hunting I'll be eyeing a 20ga, but for now the .410 is to scratch an itch as a survival gun and to get me into reloading it.

Before Kel Tec announced the KSG I was looking at getting the Circuit Judge and Chiappa .410/.22 Mag combination gun. I'll wait a year for reviews on the Kel Tec, but the other two I'm definitely getting ASAP.

I used to think these were ridiculous, but recently realized they’d be absolutely PERFECT for pasture carry in a scabbard type holster that could be slung over my back or maybe ever wrapped around my thigh?
It's a great camping or hiking gun. 44 magnum and finds a place on the exterior of a backpack. I also like it because you have to very intentionally chamber a round.

And how is accuracy?

That thing looks uncomfortable to shoot with limited ammo and slow reloads.

Just carry a semi auto handgun, a revolver or a proper SBR.

Accuracy is fine if you think of it as a big pistol that can be cheek welded if necessary, but it does take a little getting used to (especially reloading or topping off 😨). You're right on capacity, but I prefer it over a revolver as a second gun. An SBR means having to be careful to not hike into a different state and something feels wrong about bringing an AR pistol out into nature.

G44, (.22 glock), for steel challenge RFPI division.

AR10

Depending on the next 120 days - some repurposing - maybe 6.5 Creedmore or 300 blackout carbines.

What is the next gun on your purchase list?
My "Want List" is currently empty except for 6" Colt Python (still way too expensive!) and a Chiappa Charging Rhino (if/when Maura & Andrea ever decide to allow it).

In reality, it will probably be another vintage collectible K-frame Smith & Wesson revolver... maybe an early 4" Model 19 if I can find one.

I've been thinking of getting a Henry AR7. I like the idea of a backpack rifle.

But there's also this if I end up going the 10-22 route:

Both look like they can be fun.

I guess if you want to look cool, then carry one.
Don't forget the ripped jeans, boots, leather jacket, ammo belt, messed up hair and a couple of cool looking scars. Some dirt on the face also helps.

You forgot the pack of Cool Menthols rolled up in the tshirt sleeve.

I assume you were using 3 inch? I'm not doing any hunting with it, if I get into hunting I'll be eyeing a 20ga, but for now the .410 is to scratch an itch as a survival gun and to get me into reloading it.

Before Kel Tec announced the KSG I was looking at getting the Circuit Judge and Chiappa .410/.22 Mag combination gun. I'll wait a year for reviews on the Kel Tec, but the other two I'm definitely getting ASAP.
The Henry levers only take 2 1/2. Part of my issue may have been I've been hunting squirrel for years with a 12. Got used to taking long shots using full choke and high brass number 4 or 5 shot. With the 410 I even got closer before taking the shots and they gave me the finger and ran. 5 times in one day and I swore off 410 on small game.....for me anyway.

Other than hubting small game super close I can't think of a good reason for 410. Definitely not home defense. The "buckshot" for 410 is 3 or 4 pellets. Slugs in 410 have 44 mag energy but.....why not just use a 44 mag and have the accuracy as well.

Just my 2 cents.

The AR7 is definitely fun in a childish "spy gun" kind of way. I used to want one, and sometimes kind of still do. But I think the 1022 takedown in the magpul backpacker stock is probably better all around. Don't let that this sound like I'm trying to talk you out of it, though.

Some great announcements from SHOT on new custom bolt actions. If they don’t pan out then Terminus Zeus QC.

I still want to put my green card to use. So maybe I’ll sell things and finally fund a purchase.

For handguns, either a full custom 2011 or a desert eagle 50, but it needs to be gold or gold tiger stripe.

Im a basic bitch, 18 or 20 inch AR with an A1 Stock is on my next build project

One of these days though I need to Gucci up a Glock or Sig with a comp and rms, light, holster and all that.

Ok.

Americans own 400 million guns. We need to push those numbers to 500 million. Just to piss off AOC, Karamelo Harris, and the rest of those turd Democrats.

What is the next gun on your purchase list?

My answer is Beretta M9-A1 .22 pistol.

Do they have a .22 conversion kit for the M9-A1 9mm like they do w/ the 92FS? I have a couple of 92FS and a .22 conversion kit that works fine on both although looks a little silly on the Inox (stainless) one so I have the black one set up for .22.

The ar-7 is really really cool. I wish Henry would make one with a threaded barrel

The AR7 is definitely fun in a childish "spy gun" kind of way. I used to want one, and sometimes kind of still do. But I think the 1022 takedown in the magpul backpacker stock is probably better all around. Don't let that this sound like I'm trying to talk you out of it, though.
The 10/22 is a "better" gun, but the ar-7 packing into a water resistant stock that doesn't catch on things makes it great for packing away

The 10/22 is a "better" gun, but the ar-7 packing into a water resistant stock that doesn't catch on things makes it great for packing away
Sure. And lightweight sleeve for a stainless 1022 can hit 90% of the same target. It won't float. It won't be as clever. But it's easier to shoot better and probably more space efficient. And it dis/assembles more quickly.

Again, the AR7 is fine for what it is. But the 1022 is probably better in general. And at some point, I'm sure I'll get an AR7 as well, because "I don't want it; I just need it" or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom