• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OK, this is not OK. New forum freaks me out.

Oh FFS. It's just not that big a deal :eek::eek:.
And look - we have new emogies... See the trouble is that half the folks were probably disappointed that the old format was.. old. I think it is cool. Sure it will take a little while to get used to it, but I bet it is chock full of cool new features.

Sometimes I swear if they were giving away gold bars, people would bitch they were too heavy.:D

Wow, did you guys ask us if we wanted the format changed ? Never saw a poll, or vote amongst members, never saw a notice, just " we'll be back". Now the format has been changed. And it doesn't work. Now, I'm figuring the moderators are old farts like me and remember when old coke was changed to new coke and people went batshit. How about, while we're sleeping, you all change it back, and we'll just forget it ever happened.

Powder blue is an acceptable manly color for a gun forum
White letters on light blue background ie the New Posts tag on the tab bar is challenge to even see, let alone find quickly.
The micro font size in the quoted posts could be scaled up closer to the main post font size. No need for eye charts.

Tapatalk now has exactly zero purpose for existing (other than infinite suck...)

Anyone know of an app that works with the new software?

I like Xen, I'm used to it on other forums. And give Derek and sHorty time to work out any bugs...are we even 24 hours in yet?! The color scheme will take some getting used to, but otherwise I'm good.

Bring back the red white and blue and get rid of this powder blue BS. What type of color is this for a group of people, generally men and mainly over 40. We like red white and blue. Plus this powder blue makes it way hard to read the contrast is awful! Black on white was the best. I’m not sure if I’m going to get used to this. I sure will try. I checked in with NES several times a day if it stays like this I’m not sure I will continue to do so.

I prefer Corn Flower Blue myself...

I remember way back when we went thru a new forum change. It took a few weeks for Derek, Shorty and Admins to dial it all in....

I suspect it will be the same. I'm giving the new look and layout a 5 out of 10.

Not a fan of the new look especially the background color the ability to change the background color would be nice. The bright background gives me a headache, anything bright hurts my head after getting a concussion.

Well, I'm thinking there has to be some type of plugin we can load that will let us override the site theme...but haven't found anything good yet. Playing with "Color That Site" in Firefox, but it is not a simple tool. Will keep looking.

Am
I the only one who lost all their watched threads?

Am
I the only one who lost all their watched threads?

Still seeng mine.

Edit: Click "Watched Threads" (just below and the right from NES logo/banner). You'll then see any UNREAD posts in your watched threads. Then, if none, below where it says "You do not have any watched threads", click "show all watched threads" and you'll see all of your watched threads.

Last edited:
I feel like there are two issues here:

"Change" - for me, obnoxious color scheme and learning new things sucks

"Functionality" - missing itrader feedback, subscriptions, terrible GUI in general

Tapatalk now has exactly zero purpose for existing (other than infinite suck...)

Anyone know of an app that works with the new software?

I thought the point was that the new forum software works "natively" without the need for additional apps. I don't use it on a phone, so don't know.

It is faster.

Click in the background, and do a CTRL-A. This will select the whole page, and make it darker.
;-)

Yep, theme is painful. I'm actually getting physically nauseous looking at the monitor. I also find it hard to tell where one post ends and another begins... they just sort of blend together with nothing but a very thin dim line between posts.

F this I can't navigate on my tablet with these tiny buttons and the links so close in the thread titles, the the unread button on a threads I frequent is sending me back to the 9th. Add this to the tiny page buttons and I basically can't read the threads. Loosing my followed threads just adds to the problem, it would take me hours to rebuild this and I'd still be unable to keep up without a desent mobile option.

I'll try some more when I'm on a desktop, but I do most of my browsing from my tablet.

wait, I see your problem, this forum got set to “evil”

BBPUmIbCEAID1k7.jpg

I'm still working on it... I don't know how many times I have to say it. Work in f-ing progress.

We're just a bunch of grouchy old dudes. Don't mind us. Mostly, we'll get used to it, so long as there is a very dark colors theme eventually!

I appreciate the venue you give us to vent and commune and your efforts to make this the best gun forum around.

#thinkdarkthemes

I'm still working on it... I don't know how many times I have to say it. Work in f-ing progress.

Sorry didn't realize I was picking an old wound; I thought the forum only just came back online again recently (I had tried logging in from my phone periodically for a couple days to no avail). Now that I'm going through the "new posts", I realize the forum has been up for a while and the mixed (definitely both good and bad) reviews have been stacking up for a bit. Apologies for adding to the madness!

Back
Top Bottom