OK you all have talked about it so much, even I want to see yours !

Mike did tell me, after my noggin being knocked around too much, it has been lost

This was my fathers when he worked for Brinks. Not sure if the year tho. I’m guessing it’s around the late 60’s to 70’s??
I think that's an early one, pre-66.

Approx serial dates:
1950 - starts with 1, first year
1952 - 7369-21342
1953 - 28916
1955 - 55050-75000
1957 - 117770-125000
1962 - 295000
1970 - 786545

Seems its trendy to have the bobbed hammer.I prefer to have the option of single action once cocked..There’s some truth to worrying about it getting snag. But not really. You also have to figure I’d likely shoot it right through my pocket anyway

You also have to figure I’d likely shoot it right through my pocket anyway
My problem with that theory is that I use a holster when pocket carrying - not out of safety concerns but because without one the gun flops around too much and can even end up upside-down. That eliminates the option of shooting from inside the pocket.

My problem with that theory is that I use a holster when pocket carrying - not out of safety concerns but because without one the gun flops around too much and can even end up upside-down. That eliminates the option of shooting from inside the pocket.

Makes sense...I usually ankle carry unless im just running out of the house for a quick trip somewhere...

Seems its trendy to have the bobbed hammer.I prefer to have the option of single action once cocked..There’s some truth to worrying about it getting snag. But not really. You also have to figure I’d likely shoot it right through my pocket anyway
The bobbed hammer can be cocked as well. It's designed not to snag when drawn. I have a .38+p, 638 and .357, 649 for that reason.

Pocket carry, without some sort of holster, encourages lint and pocket debris, to be introduced to the snubby as well.

Ankle carry encourages Lint dirt/mudd and asphalt chips to get lodged in the cylinder....Some pocket lint in my pocket isn’t a big deal.

The bobbed hammer can be cocked as well. It's designed not to snag when drawn. I have a .38+p, 638 and .357, 649 for that reason.

You are correct I used the wrong Terminology,I’m talking about the ones where is shaved completely off and DA only .The Bobbed there’s a happy medium

I've been very curious about the .327 over the years. Have you shot other calibers through it? How's the .327 recoil compared to any other LCRs you've tried (if you've tried any)?
I’m a big fan of the .327 Fed. Mag. Shooting full house .327 mag through it is as bad as .357 through a normal snub nose, though not as bad as an Airweight (from which I have fired exactly one round of .357 mag). I completely disagree with those who say the .327 in a full house selfdefense load is “softer shooting” than a .357 mag, at least in a light weight snub nose (might be different in a full sized revolver). As far as I can tell, they are just about the same (I’ve not used a .357 LCR but have used several other .357 snubbies). For me neither caliber is pleasant to shoot in a very light gun. In a snubby they both hurt my hand about the same as shooting .44 mag in my 6.5 in Model 29 with wood grips. What I like about the .327 is the range of cartridges you can use in it. I generally practice with .32 S&W Long, which is about as powerful as a .22 LR. With this load it is actually kind of fun to shoot all day long. I’ll do some practice with the .32 H&R mag, which is slightly better than a .22 wmr but still not too bad on recoil. Some people will carry the .32 H&R, but I do up to an actual .327 Fed Mag selfdefense load when I carry it. I figure if I’m in a real selfdefense shooting I’ll never notice the increased recoil over the .32 H&R and the additional muzzle energy is worth it. You can also shoot .32 ACP, but removing the spent rounds is a bit problematic since the ejector has no rim to catch on.

As a pocket carry, I like the extra round (only 1 round but going from 5 to 6 is a 20% increase). It’s certainly light enough. In summery, it lets you do most of your practice with the equivalent of .22 LR (you should get some reps in with .32 H&R and whatever else you’re going to carry in it), yet lets you carry something almost as good as .357.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom