• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Okay 30 round with no other markings-pre ban or no?

"Okay industries, unmarked mag. " ding, fries done.

Yeah, not with the weird EE rules you put in place here with legal disclaimers and folks exchanging LTCs for something as simple as ammo/mags(not interested in anyone's documents).

Anyhow-dropped it off at the little thrift shop/free store at the dump this afternoon. It will either go to someone who wants it or trigger one of the local liberals. Win/win. Out of my collection.

Help. I'm not at all savvy on the ban mag IDing.

Going through my metal mags this morning sorting out what I wanted to trash or keep, I came across a 30 round OKay mag with no other markings other than the baseplate. Has a black plastic follower, and no date stamps external or internal.

Is it pre-ban or not? Everything I have seen today either here or elsewhere points solidly at MAYBE.

View attachment 396081View attachment 396082View attachment 396083
OP not in Mass.

Then why is this even a topic?

Yeah, not with the weird EE rules you put in place here with legal disclaimers and folks exchanging LTCs for something as simple as ammo/mags(not interested in anyone's documents).

Anyhow-dropped it off at the little thrift shop/free store at the dump this afternoon. It will either go to someone who wants it or trigger one of the local liberals. Win/win. Out of my collection.
Lol so pasting a disclaimer is a weird rule? Why destroy/throw away a perfectly good magazine? BTW as i write this I am standing in an MA gun shop that has has a couple dozen of those just like it for sale.... just saying.

Lol so pasting a disclaimer is a weird rule? Why destroy/throw away a perfectly good magazine? BTW as i write this I am standing in an MA gun shop that has has a couple dozen of those just like it for sale.... just saying.

It is a threat to the person placing the ad or participating in the sale. Yes, in theory it protects the board, but it is a waste of time.

Anyone who participates in the buying of selling of stuff is held to the applicable laws. Why require a member to put it in an ad unless the board wanted to participate in lawfare against the seller.
Regarding the mags at your store, maybe if you had said similiar to begin with I would have put it up for sale here. Regardless, it was a one off mag that I didn't need so it was either offer it for sale or trash it.

Because it was a spare mag that I was going to put up for sale--you know to help the members in ban states. I have f***loads of other mags and didn't need a single one off mag.
My point is is that's not really a one-off, it's a category of "pwee ban" mag that's sold in mass gun shops everyday... another example of it is the "taiwanese military mags" that are made out of steel those don't have shit for markings on them.. and there's no way to prove one way or the other when they were made but dealers used to sell metric tons of those in mass without issue. Lots of preban mags carry no markings indicating DOM, etc.

My point is is that's not really a one-off, it's a category of "pwee ban" mag that's sold in mass gun shops everyday... another example of it is the "taiwanese military mags" that are made out of steel those don't have shit for markings on them.. and there's no way to prove one way or the other when they were made but dealers used to sell metric tons of those in mass without issue. Lots of preban mags carry no markings indicating DOM, etc.

Oh well.

It was a one off in my bunch of mags which was why it was low hanging fruit to get rid of. I'm trying to lighten the load after 28+ years of collecting/moving shit and not continuing to hold onto things. Easier to toss than hold on to and sort.

The last time I was in a Mass gun shop was about 20 years ago when I picked up a Glock 17 from Powder Horn in Hyannis. Absolutely no idea/care what happens in a Mass shop nowadays.

What I did know is there are these silly ban rules in some states and I had a mag that may be kosher there. I sought clarification. Some folks were helpful-you and the maura moron decided to be an asshat. Mods being asshats in what several boards consider non general forums combined with the weird legal crap on this board's classifieds led to mag going to the dump versus $8 in my pocket and a probably legal mag to Mass.

So everybody here is forgetting that Okay Industries started dating their magazines in the very early 90s starting before the ban. Basically without fail since then they have been date stamped. I have magazines stamped stamped 91, 92, 98, 2006 and since getting my FFL I have a bunch of the new production USGI 20/30 round magazines dated 2017/2018 and metric ton of surefeed 30 round dated 2018-2020. For those wondering why not just P-Mag because I do own guns that aren’t ARs that don’t like P-Mags and still do have plenty of P-mags.
I’ll be the first person to say those magazines are almost without a doubt preban.
Edit to add: I have definite prebans posted below and I’ll post new production when I get home.
FA72D891-7F75-4B45-859F-B774D6206C0A.jpeg

Last edited:
Didn't waste any time from asking question to tossing it. Sounds like a post just to get a rise out of people otherwise known as a troll. Maybe legit but sounds fishy that someone who lives in a free state would just throw out a mag when there's plenty of others who would gladly either take it or purchase it.

For what it's worth, my postban Okay Industries mags have a different logo on the bottom from the ones you posted.

Didn't waste any time from asking question to tossing it. Sounds like a post just to get a rise out of people otherwise known as a troll. Maybe legit but sounds fishy that someone who lives in a free state would just throw out a mag when there's plenty of others who would gladly either take it or purchase it.

Not a troll. Waited a whole day and I had a dump trip planned. Got f***ed with a mod and another masshat and a single cheap mag ain't worth the effort to sell if I can't get a solid answer here. Particularly with the legal BS in the classifieds.

Like I've already mentioned I have more than enough mags with a preference towards Pmags. I am keeping maybe 20 or 30 metal mags, but they are all newer versions. I'm trying to get rid of crap, not continue to sort and move it around the garage. The sorting out I did yesterday is about 5 rubbermaid totes of non gun stuff I'm about to sell on fleabay. That is just barely scratching the surface before I even get around to selling some of my gun stuff.

Help. I'm not at all savvy on the ban mag IDing.

Going through my metal mags this morning sorting out what I wanted to trash or keep, I came across a 30 round OKay mag with no other markings other than the baseplate. Has a black plastic follower, and no date stamps external or internal.

Is it pre-ban or not? Everything I have seen today either here or elsewhere points solidly at MAYBE.

View attachment 396081View attachment 396082View attachment 396083

Just use it man. Don't be so hard up on this kind of stuff. USGI mag? check. Looks like old used stock? Check. Has OKAY floorplate? Check. Use and abuse it.

That's why you buy them from out of staters who have no need for them. Guys on ARFCOM from free states routinely give them away for free to ban staters.

I have gotten a bunch off of EE for like $10 or less a pop.
I bought all mine during the Clinton Ban, so I know that they are all pre-ban. At this point all my guns are in NH and I am most of the time, so I can buy whatever I want. I have no desire for new mags and will probably sell off many of the pre-bans I already have. I'm even considering selling off one of my two pre-ban ARs, a Colt Sporter Comp HBAR made in 1991 (confirmed by Colt shortly after I bought the gun).

I bought all mine during the Clinton Ban, so I know that they are all pre-ban. At this point all my guns are in NH and I am most of the time, so I can buy whatever I want. I have no desire for new mags and will probably sell off many of the pre-bans I already have. I'm even considering selling off one of my two pre-ban ARs, a Colt Sporter Comp HBAR made in 1991 (confirmed by Colt shortly after I bought the gun).

If you're selling em for $10 a pop, I'll take you up on a few of them :p

Unless the body is stamped, the floor plate is meaningless. It’s simply a replacement part

Back
Top Bottom