Old 10/22 what mods can I install legally?

Ive got a 1986 vintage 10-22 and was looking at some of the conversion stocks for this thing. Theres a P90 one from hightower and a G36 one from promag that looked pretty neat. Theres a M4 one as well that had a lot more pic rail space on it, and a collapseable stock.
The thing with the G36 lookalike conversion was the swing stock. Is that legal in MA on an old rifle? I am assuming yes.
The outfit that was selling this conversion wouldnt sell to me since I was in MA even the model that came with a 10rd magazine. Pretty sure it was the stock that was holding me up.
Gotta move out of this state. Not much here makes any sense at all.

Feds ruled that to be preban a gun had to have evil features on/prior to 9/13/1994. MA copied most of that Fed law, but has no gun-savvy department to answer questions. Safest to abide by old Fed law and rules. A MA DA could make a compelling case against such a modification that you propose.

Feds ruled that to be preban a gun had to have evil features on/prior to 9/13/1994. MA copied most of that Fed law, but has no gun-savvy department to answer questions. Safest to abide by old Fed law and rules. A MA DA could make a compelling case against such a modification that you propose.

Even in rimfire?

TY for the info
So many products rely on being able to prove something in court instead of a clearly written law supporting their existence that would head off a legal challenge.. well proving anything in court costs a pile of time + money AND with all these soros DAs across the country its anyones guess as to what king of lawfare they are going to wage against legal gun owners in the future. Best to keep it simple.
Im going to go for this FN P90 looking conversion for it. Maybe good practice for the tavor I picked up.
I have a feeling these binary triggers will be next on the BATFE kill list.

Back
Top Bottom