• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Ammo Value?

Captain Chuck

NES Member
I have been searching the web to find out what this ammo might be worth. I cannot locate it anywhere. Does anyone know when it was made or the value of it. Thanks for any help you might give!!

Attachments

• IMG_4310.jpeg
    IMG_4310.jpeg
    265.3 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_4311.jpeg
    IMG_4311.jpeg
    251.7 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_4312.jpeg
    IMG_4312.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4313.jpeg
    IMG_4313.jpeg
    237.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_4314.jpeg
    IMG_4314.jpeg
    297.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4315.jpeg
    IMG_4315.jpeg
    312.5 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_4316.jpeg
    IMG_4316.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 51
I’m curious to know as well. My uncle just sent me some pictures of a bunch of stuff he just acquired. Neither of us have any clue as it’s not my thing.

.38 S&W is still available to buy in normal times so the caliber is not terribly rare. The box from Germany would be to the best of my knowledge from WW2 or just post. The S&W victorys (model 10) we produced and gave to our allies were .38 S&W. Ours were .38 special. The boxes have collectors value, especially the box made in Germany.
I will see if I can find anything when I have a chance.

Unless it's a rare caliber, old ammo is seldom valuable.

The best way to judge value is to see what someone was willing to pay for it. Log onto Gunbroker.com and search the completed auctions. That'll give you your answer.

not worth much.... the only thing that would have value is if the boxes where in pristine condition for display purposes, but that dose not appear to be the case with your ammo, I have seen full boxes of 45 from ww1 bring some money in the past, but it is almost comparable to what current prices are.

I have been searching the web to find out what this ammo might be worth. I cannot locate it anywhere. Does anyone know when it was made or the value of it. Thanks for any help you might give!!
wonder if these are Black powder? Never mind thought it was 32sw

little tid bit here

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom