• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Gun Replicas

Broomhandles are getting harder to find for good prices and in good shape.

I just wonder if people would be interested in replicas of broomhandles that shoot modern cartridges with modern safeties built into them. Fun to look at and fun to shoot without worrying about destroying a piece of history

I know norinco did this with .45acp but those are hard to get and expensive too.

What other replicas do you think people would be interested in?

Just errant thoughts on this hump day . . .

I would love to get my hands on a replica broomhandle. My brother just told me that at his LGS in Alaska they have a Broomhandle with 85-90% bluing with all matching numbers for gun stripper clips AND shoulder stock for a little over 3 grand. He didnt walk out with it but he was excited they let him handle it haha

Replica Lugers would also be fantastic I would defiantly buy one

I talked to a friend in the firearms industry and a Broomhandle would be just too expensive to make. I have one and while I enjoy shooting it every once in a while, it is not a gun I would shoot on a regular basis. It points badly and there are corners where the top half meets the frame that dig into your hand when you shoot. Looks cool, great style points, but not a particulary practical gun to shoot a lot.

On edit, I do not believe there are any modern Broomhandle replicas. There are the Mauser built ones, the Spanish copies from roughly the same time period and the Chinese ones. The link explains those better then I can:

The Mauser Model 1896 Broomhandle

Last edited:
I would love to get my hands on a replica broomhandle. My brother just told me that at his LGS in Alaska they have a Broomhandle with 85-90% bluing with all matching numbers for gun stripper clips AND shoulder stock for a little over 3 grand. He didnt walk out with it but he was excited they let him handle it haha

I wonder how many Star Wars geeks bought actual C-96 Mausers and chopped them up to make Han Solo blasters?

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe I should more correctly call this a reproduction thread.

I figure part of the allure of the old designs is the way they look.
I figure it would be good for them to have different guts so they're safer to use.

I'd definitely buy a reproduction for the $600-700 mark which is what I was hoping to get a C&R broomhandle for (which is nigh impossible if you want something restorable shape).

In the mid 90s, Rileys got a bunch of old military guns in. The broomhandles were $100. Nagant revolvers were $10. It took them along time to sell back then. Who knew what they'd go for now. Back then I didnt have the money to buy that stuff.

Even with modern CNC machine the C96 would most likely be very expensive though somewhat cheaper than an original.
Turn of the century tech turning out a pistol with only one screw and that was for the grip. As far Lugers there is a sight Lugerman that makes brand new Lugers but again they aren't cheap but if you've got a spare $5k you can get a Luger in 10 mm,45acp. I'd love to have a brand new C96 but it would be way out of my budget unless Dick and Ed showed up with the 10 million from PCH at my front door.

Back
Top Bottom