• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Old Radios

My father was an avid Ham radio operator for most of his life. He passed on and left some old radios behind. Does this type of equipment have any value or is it worthless due to improvements in newer equipment? I'm trying to decide what to do with this stuff.

If you are not too far away I can take a look and give you an honest assessment or you can send me a detailed inventory with condition. Whatever is easier. Some could be junk but some could be very valuable.

All radios whether or not they are in working condition, are worth something, even as parts rigs. If they are working, all the better.

As above, list the model numbers wih some pics if you can and some of us here can help you with setting a price if you are selling.

Thanks for the info. This stuff is really old, as in 50s and 60s. I will post some ID numbers as soon as possible.

I know a few guys that drool over those old tube rigs.
Post what you have and I can forward the info to the right people.

Thanks. I will post as soon as I can. This stuff is rather primitive as my father was extremely reluctant to make the switch from morse code to voice.

Back
Top Bottom