"Old Tech" or "New Tech"? Buying a new gun. Poll

CZ Rami or Compact 9mm 1911

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Or a Sig P365.

Just because every thread like this needs 80 guys recommending a completely different gun.

Have you considered a semi-auto shotgun instead??? That's very important to own. ;)
Because he specifically mentioned considering a CZ75 Compact, but said it was too heavy. The PCR basically a lighter CZ75 Compact. It was a relevant comparison.

Where did he suggest a semi-auto shotgun??

Compact 1911 = POS Jam-o-matic.
On the up swing you will either get really great at clearing malfuctions or Kiltinthestreets (in which case the malfuntion wont be a problem anymore)

Because he specifically mentioned considering a CZ75 Compact, but said it was too heavy. The PCR basically a lighter CZ75 Compact. It was a relevant comparison.

Where did he suggest a semi-auto shotgun??

Sorry. Then clearly an AR-10.
Jesus NES WTF! 38 posts in and no body said "buy a Glock"

I was gonna, but said 365. Lol

just dont say Shield.

The comments about reliability in "OG" designs (for .45) converted to 9mm were the biggest hold up. I looked at EMP's but keep reading a lot of comments about the ejectors loosening up.
I haven’t had any problems with my EMP, but I don’t even have 1000 rounds through it yet. I’m seriously considering using it for my default everyday carry, but that would involve going from a DA/SA P229 to an SA only cocked and locked 1911 type. The other two guns in my carry rotation (depending on how much concealment I need) are a Shield 9 mm and a LCR in .327 fed mag, neither of which have a safety. So to switch to the EMP I have to do enough reps with it to be confident that muscle memory will take the safety off on a draw. The EMP is almost .4 in narrower and the Contour’s beveled butt makes it much easier to conceal, to the point where I could probably eliminate the Shield and just use the EMP for EDC and the LCR for when I had to pocket carry. Since I’m in MA the EMP’s 9 round mag is not an issue (and you can get 10 rounders for it, but the extension kind of negates the advantage of the bevel).

I'd blow my brains out with the 9mm 1911 but the chances of me dying are pretty low, so the CZ wins. I'm also a CZ fanboy so I can't say too much.

Would rather carry a P-01 or PCR though.

CZ discontinued the Rami in 2020 because of the CZ P10s.

Lol, they discontinued it because while its a decent gun, its a gun nobody wants. You can get a hipster to buy a PCR or a 75D Compact, or a P01. Same hipster
will not buy a RAMI. They're all like- "if I'm going to carry that thing, I can just as well carry PCR/75 compact or even the P01. "

ETA: lol @ColdDayInHell beat me to it

I carry a compact 1911 with a 4-in barrel 45. No reliability issues but part of me wishes I just went with a commander.

I voted 1911, but you can't go wrong with either. When it comes to shooting, I think the gun is just a platform for the round and if they're both 9mm then the difference between "old" and "new" is very small. You should choose whichever attracts you most.

Man this reminds me of every us presidential election ive never participated in: giant douche vs turd sandwich

Compact 1911 = POS Jam-o-matic.
On the up swing you will either get really great at clearing malfuctions or Kiltinthestreets (in which case the malfuntion wont be a problem anymore)
Posted by a guy with a user name based on the inventors of the original jam-o-matic. LOL.
Same here! I would carry a 226 or a 220 all day if I had too.
The older I get, the smaller/lighter I want. Used to carry a Gov't 1911 in .45. Then Glock with 17rds. Back doesn't like it anymore.
Sorry. Then clearly an AR-10.

I was gonna, but said 365. Lol

just dont say Shield.
SHIELD! (tag, you're it). Shield's are OK.
CZ discontinued the Rami in 2020 because of the CZ P10s.
P-10 is polymer, though.
I'd blow my brains out with the 9mm 1911 but the chances of me dying are pretty low, so the CZ wins. I'm also a CZ fanboy so I can't say too much.

Would rather carry a P-01 or PCR though.
Too big.

Handled/dry fired the Rami today. Will buy it in the next day or too. Just the right size and weight for what I'm looking for.

Pussy Stand By Me GIF - Pussy StandByMe CoreyFeldman GIFs

Neither, but I'd pick the 1911 over the Rami b/c I despise DA/SA for carry. I'm not sure if I even OWN a DA/SA anymore. No. I've got a single-stack and double-stack Makarov. And a PPK. Damn. I gotta get rid of some guns. ROFL!!!
I'm against DA/SA due to the inconsistent trigger pull. Maybe 30 years ago there needed to be that setup, but today's guns? I just don't see it.

Had a P365. Had several Glocks. No more polymer. I do use the hand-on-slide to release method. It's what I was trained in. Instructor at NRA Range Officer course yelled at me. "We don't do that. We use the slide release". Well, after 20 years, I do.
I still revert to slide to (edit) chamber IF the slide 'unlocks' when I put a mag in. I'm not going to trust an unknown in a gunfight. If I lose a single round, so be it. The rarity of reloading in a 'gunfight', I don't think that will be a factor in winning or losing. Just one opinion among many.

Well, if you insist on being a moron and having something sticking out, go for it. I prefer to have something concealed and have no one even suspect that I'm carrying something. To each his own.
How small are you? My frame is tiny and I can conceal a Glock 17/19 without printing. Keister carry doesn't count here either.

Shit, a G19 is bigger than a CZ 75 compact. Just sayin'.

I'm against DA/SA due to the inconsistent trigger pull. Maybe 30 years ago there needed to be that setup, but today's guns? I just don't see it.
Personally I don’t have a problem with the different pull weights. The DA pull on my Gray Guns modified P229 averages 5 lbs 4 oz, as good as most striker fired SAs. The SA pull is just below 2 lbs making for easy followup shots.

Go with the rami, install the wider safety, a flat trigger and change the disconnector to single action only and you have the controls of the 1911 and reliability of the cz. Keep in mind with the rami its recommended that you change the recoil springs around every 1000 rounds

With only those choices I say CZ.

Although I see the lure of a 1911 in native form, a sexy high quality one right there on your hip, the whole grip safety thing IMO is dated and when you go to 9mm - meh.

If you just got a hard on for 1911's and want compact, modernized a bit, and 9mm, a Sig 938 would be the thing in my eyes.

Back
Top Bottom