• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

OMG Nightmare classifier

This is a uspsa classifier cm99-14 Hoser Heaven. Let's just say it was an eye opener or more likely I'm just a turtle. This classifier was different than what I,m used to In that it had a 5 second par time. for every shot after 5.3 on the timer you started loosing your best hits. It was 6 metric targets in sets of 2 with one fairly wide open and one tight narrow one with a no shoot in between. You had 5 seconds to draw and hit the six targets free hand, then restart and do it strong hand then restart and do it week hand all from the same box. I don't think I,ve ever seen so many people zero a stage. There is definitely a strategy to the stage and I give the match director credit for pulling one out the hat. And no I did not zero the stage

This is a uspsa classifier cm99-14 Hoser Heaven. Let's just say it was an eye opener or more likely I'm just a turtle. This classifier was different than what I,m used to In that it had a 5 second par time. for every shot after 5.3 on the timer you started loosing your best hits. It was 6 metric targets in sets of 2 with one fairly wide open and one tight narrow one with a no shoot in between. You had 5 seconds to draw and hit the six targets free hand, then restart and do it strong hand then restart and do it week hand all from the same box. I don't think I,ve ever seen so many people zero a stage. There is definitely a strategy to the stage and I give the match director credit for pulling one out the hat. And no I did not zero the stage
Was this classifier at a recent match? I remember shooting a classifier similar to this one (may have been the same one?) at Hopkinton and/or Pelham a couple years ago. Definitely tough.

Yeah, keep in mind on Fixed Time stages you aren't penalized for misses, so even if you only get 3 or 4 hits on a string you'll get points.

Back
Top Bottom