• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One Attorney's View Of The NY 'SAFE' Act

I came across this in a side link from another thread. Basically, he believes that the SAFE Act is unconstitutional at both a state and Federal level, and presents his reasons for that opinion.

LINK here, scroll down to page 23.

I thought it was an interesting read, particularly his concluding paragraph:

Like all of our constitutionally protected
rights, an unspeakable crime by an individual
should not be the basis of the eradiation
of the general population of law-abiding
citizens’ rights. The right to keep and bear
arms is not given to us by the Constitution
of the United States or the New York State
Constitution, but is instead an inalienable
right that is protected by our constitutions.
These two constitutions are designed foremost
to protect the people from their government
and it is not the province of the
government to limit those rights.

That was a good read. How did you find it? Wish I had a good idea of how to make it more visible to the common man.

That was a good read. How did you find it? Wish I had a good idea of how to make it more visible to the common man.

I was reading another thread and there was a link which I followed. This article was a link off the first link. Damned if I can find it again.

The attorney's name is Mark Kenward Antos. His arguments seem well-reasoned. He doesn't get into a lot of hyperbole or theatrics, just a few sound arguments with legal support. It was a single page, but I didn't want to quote more due to copyright restrictions.

If New Yorkers are challenging the SAFE Act on Constitutional grounds it sounds like Antos might be a good guy to have on your side.

Good points . But the government doesn't care about what rights we have. Just wgat ways they can control and keep us in check.

Agreed, which is why the citizenry needs to stay vigilant to the rights intrusions and consistently challenge them through political or legal means as required.

excellent article, contains some great text to plagarize; except when he says there are over one million so called "assault weapons" in the United States, I think he meant there are an estimated one million+ in New York State alone...

Back
Top Bottom