One of our own lost his home to a fire

Touche' OCB

All proceeds to HKDrummer....

Ruger Carbine to highest lawful & responsible bidder.
all laws followed...all transfer fees paid by bidder...I am from MA. and out of private transfers for 2020, but willing to travel a reasonable distance...will close bidding at 11-27-2020 @ 1200EST.

Mods.... please delete if not kosher and I will re-sell in firearms section and donate $$$$ to HKdrummer.
ThanksView attachment 414436View attachment 414433View attachment 414435

$500

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I feel this is something I need to learn more about and probably everyone could benefit.

I always wondered, how would I prove the value of everything I own to an insurance company if this ever happened to me.

Keep receipts, take pictures. About all you can do. My family went through a flood, lost everything. Insurance companies are almost evil when it comes to paying out.

Donation sent.
@HKdrummer I know that it totally sucks that this happened, especially the loss of your cats, and that it is so close to the holidays. But I hope the response you have received and the out pouring of support from people who care about you both, help you to realize that you are far better off than those with material possessions.
True assets are not measured in dollars, but in names. Knowing that if the shit hits the fan, and the call goes out, it will be answered.
I have never met you personally, but eleven years ago, you were one of the first guys to offer support. You probably don't even remember it, but it had a lot to do with me sticking around for the last decade.
And that is what I love about NES. Yeah, we bicker and argue, but at the end of the day, this place has a lot of good folks here. You are one of them. And that is why when the call went out, we answered.

I know Thanksgiving is going to be tough. It doesn't look like you will be cooking in that kitchen for a while. But I hope the heart ache is assuaged by the knowledge that you still have the most important things in life. The fire didn't take those.
God Bless.

Last edited:
Donation sent.
@HKdrummer I know that it totally sucks that this happened, especially the loss of your cats, and that it is so close to the holidays. But the I hope the response you have received and the out pouring of support from people who care about you both, help you to realize that you are far better off than those with material possessions.
True assets are not measured in dollars, but in names. Knowing that if the shit hits the fan, and the call goes out, it will be answered.
I have never met you personally, but eleven years ago, you were one of the first guys to offer support. You probably don't even remember it, but it had a lot to do with me sticking around for the last decade.
And that is what I love about NES. Yeah, we bicker and argue, but at the end of the day, this place has a lot of good folks here. You are one of them. And that is why when the call went out, we answered.

I know Thanksgiving is going to be tough. It doesn't look like you will be cooking in that kitchen for a while. But I hope the heart ache is assuaged by the knowledge that you still have the most important things in life. The fire didn't take those.
God Bless.

thank you for the kind words. Every morning since I’ve woken up to see my little girl and give her the biggest hug imaginable.

I’ve always said that if a mans wealth was measured in the friends he keeps, I was a goddamn Rockefeller. After seeing the response to this, I’m more like Jeff bezos. Lol. All jokes aside though, I’m flabbergasted at the outpouring of support. You always hope that people have your back but when a goddamn army forms behind you, you feel like you can take on anything. It’s friggan Wild.

At least some stuff can be rescued, I guess that's a small upside.

The other upside is that you have (had?) the same refrigerator as me but I bet yours actually worked properly :rolleyes: Mine blows!

Anyhow, did the guns survive??

Ugh, hate to see all the damage, especially this time of year. Hang in there, you'll pull through!

Glad to have sent a little support your way. At its heart, NES is a community that looks out for its own and this is a perfect opportunity for us to do so.

At least some stuff can be rescued, I guess that's a small upside.

The other upside is that you have (had?) the same refrigerator as me but I bet yours actually worked properly :rolleyes: Mine blows!

Anyhow, did the guns survive??

oh man that fridge has been awesome. My wife is so sad as she picked it out.

sadly nearly everything is a total loss. It is caked in a stick acrid tar and the private adjuster we hired has already said there’s just no way to save most of this stuff. Everything on the first floor is toast.

guns were immediately rescued and taken off premises. My dad did say though they stunk up his house to high heaven. Thankfully I have been able to keep them on the second floor where there was less damage.

oh man that fridge has been awesome. My wife is so sad as she picked it out.

sadly nearly everything is a total loss. It is caked in a stick acrid tar and the private adjuster we hired has already said there’s just no way to save most of this stuff. Everything on the first floor is toast.

guns were immediately rescued and taken off premises. My dad did say though they stunk up his house to high heaven. Thankfully I have been able to keep them on the second floor where there was less damage.

That nasty smoke smell takes years to go away. Even after everything gets cleaned you will still smell it . Our house burned down on at 4:30 am Dec 6th 1984 and all I had when it was over was a pair of underwear and a jumpsuit I threw on to run out if the house in. There was a couple dressers we thought could be salvaged. It was a no go. I've also done some fire restoration on houses and that smell doesn't really go away.

Donated a couple days ago @HKdrummer . Really hope things get better for you. I do work from time to time in burn down houses and if you are trying to save something wipe with vinegar. It might take a few times but really helps with the smell. I am really sorry about your kitties and really sincerely wish your family a great Thanksgiving.

Don't mean to derail the thread, but I feel this is something I need to learn more about and probably everyone could benefit.

I always wondered, how would I prove the value of everything I own to an insurance company if this ever happened to me.
Do a video walk through of your house once a year or when you add something of significant value then upload to a memory stick and store in a fireproof container. Be sure to show the make and model of the high dollar items. This will provide a solid guide to the actual contents of the property should there be a fire or theft.

Do a video walk through of your house once a year or when you add something of significant value then upload to a memory stick and store in a fireproof container. Be sure to show the make and model of the high dollar items. This will provide a solid guide to the actual contents of the property should there be a fire or theft.
I’m gonna “bump” this for importance. If you are reading this and have not done it. Stop what your doing NOW and do it. It will take about 20 minutes and could help you recover 10s of thousands. After a everything in ashes fire you will never remember all the stuff you had. And after seeing up close how your ”friends” at the insurance company are going to RAPE you over every penny( only nazi’s are bigger scum) you want all the ammo available to fight them with and then more. Now get filming. And always always get an independent adjustment. I saw one case where the scum offered 35, independent got them 115. So yeah the 10% is well worth it. On and donation on the way. Very sorry for your loss HK and very happy the family is safe.

Last edited:
The fact that everyone is safe is great, but from what I remember - the most frustrating part for me was bureaucracy in restoring all the documents aside from finding clothes to get to work in.

Can't imagine the sense of impossibility and feeling of loss. Stay well, Tynan. Hope every bit helps.

Back
Top Bottom