• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

One of the homes published in NY was broken into..

http://1newsjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/01/white-plains-home-on-handgun-permit.html

Officials say two burglars used a ladder to break into the home to try and steal legally-owned guns out of the homeowner's safe. (January 13, 2013 6:21 PM)

A White Plains home that is listed on a publicized handgun permit database was burglarized last night. Officials say the target of the burglary was the homeowner's gun case. Police are trying to determine if the break-in was a result of the homeowner's name and address being published by the Journal News last month, along with thousands of other registered gun owners.

Nice...

Journal News really crossed the line with this one, one can only hope the company goes under and the woman behind this becomes a social outcast that nobody offers work to.

Shocked face ----> [hmmm]

What did these idiots expect to happen?

What was printing those names and addresses with an interactive map supposed to accomplish? Besides trying to publicly shame law-abiding citizens.

Why don't they pring the names of welfare receiptients, sex offenders, etc.?

This is why I tell my wife and kids to say "My dad says not to talk about things like that" when anyone asks about firearms.

Our new house is well alarmed and I'm liking that.

I just got a form letter from the Mass DCJIS stating that: " The DCJIS will not disclose the names and addresses of those who possess firearms licenses or firearms, rifles, shotguns, machine guns, or ammunition to ANY individual or entity. The only exeption to this policy is that such information will be disclosed to law enforcement and criminal justice organizations and personnel when that data is sought for legitimate criminal justice purposes". (M.G.L.c.66 10(d)). Looks like the Globe is out of the loop. Jack.

Back
Top Bottom