Online firearm purchases

Im curious if anyone has experience with shops like buds gun shop online.

They have great prices and availability. I was looking into a Sw1911sc.

Also, do ffls give you a hard time for buying online instead of supporting them?

Derek

I don't think Buds will ship to MA period. If I am wrong, someone else can chime in. I think he has abandoned MA like a lot of other places.

As far as Gun Broker, or anywhere else, if you see something you want to buy call and ask your FFL to take in the transfer. Depending on what it is, I don't see why not. If it's an off list gun or something (not compliant), most FFL's will not.

Always try and support your local shop. If you find a gun MUCH cheaper then what your store sells it for, then buy it online. No fault in that.

I have bought off gunbroker.com will good results. I recently purchased a Glock 26 from a dealer in NH. One word of advice, check to see if the price you pay online to buy it, ship it, and transfer is NOT greater than if you bought it on NES, or in a local gunshop. Sometimes the costs add up to over local prices if you don't realize it until after you purchase. I have sent a money order to the buyer on both purchases and I have never had issues, just look at their feedback score and it will tell you how reliable the seller is.

If you are willing to plop down the payment up front, i'm sure most gun shops would be happy to order whatever you want and take a short profit on it since they know they won't be sitting on the inventory.

I just ordered an AK through my clubs FFL that Bud's had for $700~. Cost through the club FFL was $579. I'm sure your local shop would be happy to work within margins like that.

I don't think Buds will ship to MA period. If I am wrong, someone else can chime in. I think he has abandoned MA like a lot of other places.

I have purchased 2 rifles from Buds. Their prices when they have a deal going on can not be beat.
Both were sent to American Firearms School for transfer to me, for Three reasons: First, they are 4 miles away. Second, AFS is listed on Buds website as having FFL info on hand. Third, AFS isn't much of a firearms retailer so they don't really mind doing a transfer, where other shops would prefer selling a firearm instead of supporting online vendor competition. I would rather support the Local gun shop, but the 2 purchases I made had free shipping, and even after the transfer fee at AFS, I spent $50, 150 less than any MA shop I priced.

They may not ship a handgun to MA, my experience is only with rifles

ETA, they were bolt action and lever action. So there was no question of AWB compliance

Im pretty sure Buds wont ship any handguns or magazines to MA regardless if they are legal. Someone please correct me if im wrong.

As far as long guns I bought a shotgun from them last year during one of their deals. I dont normally purchase firearms online, in fact the shotgun was the only time I ever have, but I saved a decent chunk of money. Pretty fast shipping as well

As far as Gun Broker, or anywhere else, if you see something you want to buy call and ask your FFL to take in the transfer. Depending on what it is, I don't see why not. If it's an off list gun or something (not compliant), most FFL's will not.

Always try and support your local shop. If you find a gun MUCH cheaper then what your store sells it for, then buy it online. No fault in that.
just bought a marlin xt22 from buds and had it shipped to MA, really smooth transaction....my only gripe with them was that their online order tracking is awful...but im a heavy amazon user so im prob just spoiled

as far as the transfer end, i didnt get any guff, plus i look at it this way, they still got my $$ for the transfer fee

9 out of 10 firearm purchases I make are done online. Never, ever had an issue. Of course, I do not live in MA and have to deal with that BS.

My local FFL loves doing transfers. He said he would love to just sit there and do them all day long. It's all quick, easy money for him.

Buds will not ship any handgun, semi auto rifle, or basically any black shotguns to Mass. [rolleyes] So the only thing you can buy are a lever action or bolt action rifle.

Massachusetts - No Handguns, No Hi Capacity Mags, No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns, No Semi-Auto Rifles, No Ammo.

Buds only ships shotguns to MA. They don't ship Handguns or ammo or rifles to MA! I wanted to buy a kahr PM 40 and they refused. I did buy a 12 gauge and had it shipped to AFS.

I am in Rhode Island, they shipped to my FFL. The transaction was quick and painless. I was on the site tonight and saw a "Mass compliant" M&P. If they don't ship to Mass why are they selling Mass compliant guns?

Buds only ships shotguns to MA. They don't ship Handguns or ammo or rifles to MA! I wanted to buy a kahr PM 40 and they refused. I did buy a 12 gauge and had it shipped to AFS.

is that so? explain why they just shipped a rifle to MA for me?

Was it bolt action?

Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi Capacity Mags.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.

Buds will violate their ow "No Handguns" to MA policy if they have some preban Glocks. They can make more $ on them by selling them to the People's Republic of MA.

F Buds.

Side question...
Have any of you had any recent dealings with 'yankee artifacts'? They seem to have pretty decent deals, but I am weary of any place that only has a P.O. box as an address.

Most of my gun purchases are online. I wont deal with places like buds cause they dont have an open ma policy. There are tons of other places that do with similar prices. If you have an ffl that gives a shit if you transfer guns in. You should find another ffl.

Back
Top Bottom