Online New Hampshire Hunter Safety Course

Admin

Staff Member
Administrator
NES Member
Just a reminder.

Due to COVID-19 restrictions, all class requirements must be met through the online course along with a field day to get hunter certification. Traditional in-person Hunter Education classes have been cancelled for 2020. Registration for field days will open July 1.

Once students pass the online exam, they will receive a voucher with a link to register for their field day. The cost of the online exam is $29.00 which is paid only upon passing. Masks and other personal protective equipment will be provided as needed at the field days, and class sizes will be limited to ensure the safety of participants.

Please Note: Field days are currently available only for New Hampshire residents age 15 and older; 12- to 14-year-olds will not be able to join a field day this year due to limited capacity.

Anyone unable to attend a field day for the 2020 fall hunting seasons should consider the apprentice hunting license. Individuals who purchase an apprentice license can hunt with a fully licensed hunter age 18 or older without taking hunter education first. The apprentice license is a one-time purchase opportunity. This year's apprentice license will expire on December 31, 2020.

There is also a plan to reduce the trapper education requirement to four hours. The Trapping instructors are not supporting that, there is too much material to cover and fours hours won't do it.

I hope the various New England states are working on adding more than the usual number of field days. Scheduling a field day in the late summer and fall is always a real challenge. But this year, the combination of ppl that could not take a spring course, combined with hundreds of younger hunters that normally would have been certified at summer camps, is really going to stress the system.

Not cool at all that out of state residents are not allowed to participate in field day.
So I wrote an email to Fish and Game about this issue, since when I signed up earlier this year there was no such constraint.

The email sent back stated I can sign up for Field Day as an out of state applicant. However the wording stated I could do so because I FINISHED the online portion BEFORE the change went into effect.

That makes no sense. I don't know if I finished before the change went into effect and regardless, that was never even brought up in my email.

Bottom line is I'm signing up for Field Day and they need to get their shit together on this.

Back
Top Bottom