online petition to defeat HR1022

MRJ

The 110th U.S. Congress has a new assualt weapons ban in the works ... This is
NOT the cosmetic bill from the Clinton era and does NOT include a sunset
expiration, this one DOES ban many more guns, not just features, going so far
as to ban WWII era rifles such as the M1 Garand and semi-automatic shotguns.

Do your homework, learn about the details and contact your representative, act
locally, raise awareness.

CLICK TO GO AND SIGN THE PETITION
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/409898348?ltl=1173728881

Are online petitions worth anything? Contacting your reps is definitely a good move, educating yourself, and I guess it makes you feel good to sign a petition online, but - in reality - the petition doesn't do much.

Are online petitions worth anything? Contacting your reps is definitely a good move, educating yourself, and I guess it makes you feel good to sign a petition online, but - in reality - the petition doesn't do much.

I was wondering the same thing in regards to an online petition but said what the heck and signed it anyway. It certainly can't hurt.

It actually does more than you think luv. It's still a good idea to contact the legicritters, but signing the petition won't hurt either. If enough folks sign it and it winds up turning in to a 7 figure number (one can hope), that usually gets some politicians attention.

Online petitions and polls to stop the AWB get as much attention as an online petition to feed their dogs a vegitarian diet. Probably less.

Emails are not that much better.

Send paper letters -- handwritten if possible. Make phone calls.

Yes, these petitions are harmful when people click the button and then think they've already done enough.

Back
Top Bottom