Online sale leads to gunfire, man shot, in fast-food parking lot

commodon

NES Member
Police in Methuen are hoping surveillance video outside a McDonald’s restaurant on Haverhill Street will lead them to suspects in the parking lot shooting Monday night of a man trying to close an online sale of two car doors.

The victim was shot multiple times when police said nearly a dozen individuals poured out of three vehicles that showed up for the transaction and he was fired upon.

His condition was unknown this morning, but Methuen Police Chief Joseph E. Solomon, speaking to reporters at the scene, sounded hopeful thanks to the selfless actions of a good Samaritan inside McDonald’s.

When the man came in injured it’s obvious the man inside knew what he was doing,” Solomon said. “He provided first aid, he applied pressure, put clothing on the wound … I’d like to thank that individual for his heroic actions.

From Online sale leads to gunfire, seller shot, in fast-food parking lot

Additionally from Man ambushed, shot at 11 times at McDonald's parking lot, 1 arrested

Man ambushed, shot at 11 times at McDonald's parking lot, 1 arrested

METHUEN, Mass. - A man in Methuen barely made it out alive after a group of men ambushed him at a McDonald's parking lot.

One of the suspects was arrested late on Tuesday morning in connection to the shooting.

Yolanda Hernandez, 41, of Lawrence, was an accessory to the crime, police say. Authorities said she drove the car to and from the scene and assaulted the victim's girlfriend.

Hernandez will be arraigned at some point on Tuesday.

Police say the man had arranged to meet up with the strangers online to sell them car parts at around 11 p.m. on Monday night.

When they met up, the group of at least ten men in several different cars ambushed the seller and shot at him 11 times, but only hitting him twice.

The victim was able to make his way into the McDonald's from the parking lot and begged for help. At that point, a Good Samaritan inside took him inside and provided first aid care before the ambulance arrived.

"It’s obvious the man knew what he was doing," said Methuen Police Chief Joe Solomon. "He provided first aid, applied pressure, put clothing on the wounds. So we’d like to thank that individual for his heroic actions.

Authorities say they have surveillance video and are working with another police department to find the men responsible for the shooting.

Chief Solomon also took the opportunity to warn people meeting up for online sales to be safe and to do so at a police station.

“Authorities say they have surveillance video and are working with another police department to find the men responsible for the shooting.“

Let me guess....”These are guys with the name D-Money, Smoothie, Shifty ”

this is why I make buyers come to me now exclusively.. you want what Im selling you come to my turf to get it. I have met people at midday in business parking lots within surveillance camera view but I always parked in a way that I could see entry and exit points and leave myself a clear way out if I felt it was to get sketchy.

Meet in the MPD parking lot instead?

Who sells car doors at 11 at night, at McDonald's? The whole thing is bizarre. I wonder if he really had stolen them (from the dudes who ambushed him).

I figured this was a planned ambush on a guy they had it out for, and pretended to want to buy the doors in order to lure him out.

That was my first thought,he stole the doors and sold them on Craigslist...To the people he stole them from.

You Win!!!

So it turns out that their isn't a crime victim, they are all criminals.

Who would have thought that someone that just got their car doors stolen would be looking for replacements.

So it turns out that their isn't a crime victim, they are all criminals.

There was a crime, the "victim" has the shooters gangs car doors, plus his 3 bullets.

"The vehicle identification number on the car doors came back to Yolanda Hernandez, whom the victim’s girlfriend identified in a photo lineup as one of the women who had attacked her, a police report states."

This is why I have overwatch for EFA-10 trannies... [rofl2]

"Roger, Archangel. I'm going in..."

"Hey, you wanna buy some car doors?"

"Yeah, I'll give it a shot."

How expensive are car doors where 10 guys jump you for them??? Split each door 5 ways still seems like not a lot of money. Better to sling crack rock than car doors, I would think.

this is why I make buyers come to me now exclusively.. you want what Im selling you come to my turf to get it. I have met people at midday in business parking lots within surveillance camera view but I always parked in a way that I could see entry and exit points and leave myself a clear way out if I felt it was to get sketchy.

I did that with some gun sales. . . . until the day I had some guy ask what else I had and if he could see it. He didn't give off the crime-vibe. More Asperger'y than anything. But it made me think, "Gee, I really don't want to sell my stuff at my house. Not guns. Not nothing." Well, except from you degenerates. You're all good people. ;)

Back
Top Bottom