• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Only dealers can ship firearms via FedEx now??

They changed their policy the beginning of this year , they also stopped accepting COD shipments on firearms

They loose about 2-3 inbound guns a month on me and I can’t even keep track of how much ammo they loose or arrives destroyed

FEDEX web site confirms that.
Only customers holding a Federal Firearms License (FFL) and federal, state, or local government agencies may ship firearms with FedEx. Customers holding an FFL must enter into an approved FedEx Firearms Shipping Compliance Agreement before shipping any firearms with FedEx. For more information, contact your FedEx account executive

Source: How to Ship Firearms | FedEx

UPS still allows:
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only in the following cases:

• (a) Between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies
  • (b) Where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law, such as:
    • (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector
    • (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.
The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

Source: How To Ship Firearms | UPS - United States

They changed their policy the beginning of this year , they also stopped accepting COD shipments on firearms

They loose about 2-3 inbound guns a month on me and I can’t even keep track of how much ammo they loose or arrives destroyed
That really is unacceptable. A shipped gun doesnt get "lost". They are STOLEN!

UPS still allows:
UPS accepts packages containing firearms (as defined by Title 18, Chapter 44, and Title 26, Chapter 53 of the United States Code) for transportation only in the following cases:

• (a) Between licensed importers, licensed manufacturers, licensed dealers, and licensed collectors (as defined in Title 18, Chapter 44 of the United States Code), and government agencies
  • (b) Where not otherwise prohibited by federal, state or local law, such as:
    • (i) from an individual to a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector
    • (ii) from a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector to an individual.
The shipper must comply with and must ensure that each shipment containing firearms complies with all federal, state and local laws applicable to the shipper, recipient, and package, including, without limitation, age restrictions.

Source: How To Ship Firearms | UPS - United States
OK, so UPS actually stipulates that I'm GTG with my -03 C&R "collectors" FFL.

For those that don't have their C&R FFL, it's not hard or expensive to get. Any gun over 50+ years old qualifies as a curio/relic. You can buy interstate and have it mailed to your home. Many retailers also give FFL discounts for the C&R FFL.
@Len-2A Training started this thread EVERY SHOOTER Should Get a C&R FFL! back in 2005 and it's recommended reading. You'll see a lot of comments from people complaining how small their safe got after getting their C&R[laugh]

This will send shipping firearms underground,.. with people not declaring them and shipping them like car parts,.. the horror!

This. I declare that I'm shipping "Machined Parts". I am not lying regarding what is in the box. Plus insure for actual replacement value. I did this recently via FedEx, but have to admit that the destination shop was an FFL. I just never thought that much into until now.

YMMV

Jay

Sooo when did FedEx change their policy on shipping firearms?? Must have a FFL now?!

I just dropped off a firearm with FedEx yesterday but it had a prepaid shipping label from the manufacturer. No issues then but I wonder what would have happened if I mentioned it was a firearm…

View attachment 584827
@Len-2A Training @CrackPot @Rob Boudrie
I just sent a malfunctioning pistol to smith and Wesson. Took it to fed ex, told them there was a pistol in the box. Was no problem

Wow, I didn't know Fedex changed their policy either.

I've used them before, but I've found them to be snooty.

The UPS hub that is close to me has always been very helpful so I'll just keep going there or using a local FFL.

I walked into my local FedEx hub today. I could see the clerk smiling as I walked up to the desk. When I set my two boxes down on the counter, he asked “What can I help you with today?”. I replied “these two boxes contain handguns and I need to ship them”. His eyes grew as he replied with a stutter “just one moment, I have to run this by my manager” and walked into the back room. A few minutes passed and I could hear hushed tones. He walked back out and said “ok Sir, you are good to go”.

This is news to me. I just sent two Glocks back to the mother ship to be refurbed. No problems either way. One was in Jan the other in early Feb. Both guns returned two weeks later like new.

This is news to me. I just sent two Glocks back to the mother ship to be refurbed. No problems either way. One was in Jan the other in early Feb. Both guns returned two weeks later like new.
Seems like FedEx isn’t really enforcing the new policy. Not complaining lol

Rather than start a new thread, gonna ask here for your recommended shipper to use for a long gun. Not even a firearm. I want to ship a nice german air rifle to my brother in VA. He just flew up here and back, but didnt want to deal with checking it at Logan.
Thx

Rather than start a new thread, gonna ask here for your recommended shipper to use for a long gun. Not even a firearm. I want to ship a nice german air rifle to my brother in VA. He just flew up here and back, but didnt want to deal with checking it at Logan.
Thx
I used Fed-ex to ship my pcp rifle to Arizona to have an issue fixed. Biggest problem I had was finding a box the right size for shipping to keep the cost down. Eventually I found one and it cost me around $60.

I used Fed-ex to ship my pcp rifle to Arizona to have an issue fixed. Biggest problem I had was finding a box the right size for shipping to keep the cost down. Eventually I found one and it cost me around $60.
Funny how I saw this now.... last week I was shipping long boxes for work and a Fedex driver asked "none of these are DG, are they"
I was confused so asked "what is DG"

He said "Dangerous Goods"

I was like "nope"

Back
Top Bottom