Opening a Royal Tiger crate...

Nifty.

I think they said that dude who sounds like Wolfgang Puck did all the packing himself.

Last edited:
And what is the draw of a Mannlichter Stire rifle ?

Some of the C&R guys really get into the older stuff - even going back into the late 1800s. If you're into military rifle history and development - a haul like this one from Ethiopia is a treasure trove.

I haven't paid much attention over the last 5-6 years , but 10-12 years ago when I was buying M1 Carbines & Garands from CMP, and looking at all of the other stuff that was available out there regularly - and at good prices: SKS'es, FN49's , Swiss rifles - etc..... it was really a good time to be a gun collector. Over the last month or so I just started paying attention again and it caught me by surprise how much the prices have gone up on some of this stuff.

Those CMP M1 carbines have doubled in value, I ran across the video I posted above - because I was watching a video on FN49s - and was curious how much they were going for now. Thought about picking one up way back then - and now they're like a $3000 rifle. WTF. I used to have a couple of FN FNCs which I sold for a nice profit - but now they've doubled in value over what I sold them each for. Should have held on to them I guess.

The fact that they're having to go to places like Ethiopia to dredge up new sources of milsurps - probably means the well is damn close to running dry.

Which is another reason why this thing is of interest - the prices on some of this stuff are only going to go up from where they are now.

Back
Top Bottom