Opening links in a new tab...

milktree

NES Member
On a post page when I hold down command (the flower thing on a Mac) and click on a link it opens the link in a new tab in *front* of the existing one, It only does this on a post page, not on the index pages. command-click is supposed to open in a new tab behind the existing tab, but some websites break this behavior with some script somethingorother.

Yes, I know I can configure that in my browser. That's why I'm mentioning it. It's configured the "right" way in my browser and works properly everywhere else.

Interestingly, it happens in Firefox, but not Safari or Chrome.

Can this behavior be changed? It's pretty annoying.

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea what would be causing FF to do that. The links are hierarchically defined and FF might be interpreting that as the content being "down" a level, hence opening it behind... but that's not a standard way of handling things, hence FF being the only browser that does it.

Unless you can point me to exactly what's causing this behavior in the CSS, I'm not going to be able to change anything... and quite honestly, this sounds more like a FF problem than a site problem.

To be quite honest, I have absolutely no idea what would be causing FF to do that. The links are hierarchically defined and FF might be interpreting that as the content being "down" a level, hence opening it behind... but that's not a standard way of handling things, hence FF being the only browser that does it.

Unless you can point me to exactly what's causing this behavior in the CSS, I'm not going to be able to change anything... and quite honestly, this sounds more like a FF problem than a site problem.

I'd agree with you, except that it doesn't do it elsewhere on the site, and doesn't do it in (most) other websites.

Feh.

I'll see if I can find something.

Back
Top Bottom