• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Operation say Hi to the fat guy in Gardner.

Looking to meet more people in the Gardner area that love to shoot. My shooting/Gun show buddy moved to NH.

So if you see a fat guy wearing a we the people shirt or a don't tread on me shirt in gardner say Hi.

Thanks,
jeff

Eric I grew up in Templeton. You native?

Do you know the stone foundation about 25 feet into the woods
from the North East Corner of South Main & Pail Factory Road?

That was my Great Grandparents Farm from about 1910 through
the late 1940's. It burned down before I was born. My Dad would
stop by whenever we were going down Route 2. The Sauna was
still standing in the early 1970's but that too is long gone.

From Finland to Fitchburg, it was the American Dream.

Lay claim to the land. It's your heritage...

Eric I grew up in Templeton. You native?

Yes, I am! Grew up here as well, however I have a feeling we grew up in different decades!

Do you know the stone foundation about 25 feet into the woods
from the North East Corner of South Main & Pail Factory Road?

That was my Great Grandparents Farm from about 1910 through
the late 1940's. It burned down before I was born. My Dad would
stop by whenever we were going down Route 2. The Sauna was
still standing in the early 1970's but that too is long gone.

From Finland to Fitchburg, it was the American Dream.

I am familiar with that foundation actually, I drive through there relatively often and I appreciate stone work. Many of the Finn's in my family had settled in Hubbardston, my great-grandfather and Grandfather were Stone Masons and several of their projects and structures are still standing as well, mostly fireplaces/chimneys and various other stonewalls up on Mt. Jefferson Rd in Hubbardston.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm in Templeton as well, so Hello, and we should set up a time to go shooting. Where do you guys go?

Howdy from Reddit! I'm a member down at Orange Gun Club and I shoot there usually about once a month. A family member of mine is a member at Gardner Pistol & Rifle but I haven't shot there in ages.

I usually shoot at the Winchendon Rod & Gun or Royalston. Both great places in the boonies.

I am familiar with both of those places, but I haven't shot at either one. Another great place in the boonies would be Petersham Gun Club. All I've heard is that Winchendon was just a glorified drinking club, just not as snooty as Otter River. I know Royalston has a great Trap range set up and some archery, I wasn't aware they had an actual range for anything else.

Yes, Minuteman Armory!

This X10

I am familiar with both of those places, but I haven't shot at either one. Another great place in the boonies would be Petersham Gun Club. All I've heard is that Winchendon was just a glorified drinking club, just not as snooty as Otter River. I know Royalston has a great Trap range set up and some archery, I wasn't aware they had an actual range for anything else.

+1 for Petersham Gun Club. I live in Gardner too and go to this range regularly. Out in the boonies, quiet, and nearly every time I have gone I have had the range all to myself.

Isn't there a new gun store in Templeton?
As others have said, Minuteman Armory, and it's awesome. Morgan is the man, you absolutely need to get there. Excellent selection, he's pretty knowledgeable, and if it's something he doesn't have, the answer usually seems to be "I can get it."

+1 for Petersham Gun Club. I live in Gardner too and go to this range regularly. Out in the boonies, quiet, and nearly every time I have gone I have had the range all to myself.

I'm seriously considering springing up for a membership there as well, I've found myself shooting Sporting Clay's there a few times, I've been a guest multiple times and the off chance that there's an event over at Orange Gun Club I could probably spring down over to Petersham and have it be empty. Isn't it $30/year?

I'm seriously considering springing up for a membership there as well, I've found myself shooting Sporting Clay's there a few times, I've been a guest multiple times and the off chance that there's an event over at Orange Gun Club I could probably spring down over to Petersham and have it be empty. Isn't it $30/year?

Yeah it is $30 a year and renewals are due every October.

Back
Top Bottom