• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Opinions on Rossi 38 snub nose revolver

Dave6

Banned
I have had my eye on this rossi 38 snub. And I was wondering if anyone had opinions on it.
I have a 357 snub nose right now so I am not sure I will need it but there is a huge sale at the shop and the price is nice.
Wondering if I should snag it while its still on sale and still affordable -
167043_01_rossi_stainless_38_snubnose_re_640.jpg

The Rossi's i looked at seemed like the cylinder lock up was loose. I have a Ruger Sp101 that shoots like a dream. Have you looked at those?

Rossi's are hit or miss, usually miss. If you like it buy it.
Remember: "Rock beats scissors..."

Some Rossi's aren't bad. May have been a better gunsmith who built/finished it.
Just do your due diligence before slapping down your hard-earned cash...

Won't your 357 snub shoot .38?

It will. I know it would be silly. The maine bonus f not the only bonus with this Rossi........I am ashamed to admit this......Its prettier than my 357. Could it possibly be more accurate?

- - - Updated - - -

The Rossi's i looked at seemed like the cylinder lock up was loose. I have a Ruger Sp101 that shoots like a dream. Have you looked at those?

I have. never saw any in my local shops.

I have a Rossi stainless that functions perfectly. Nice lockup and nice to shoot. If the price point is right grab it. It's not like you're betting the farm here

- - - Updated - - -

Could it possibly be more accurate?

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking for accuracy from a snub nose you're over thinking it

junk. my sister looked at a Rossi years ago vs a SW...the Rossi locked up on cycle, the shop owner couldn't get the cylinder to open, or the revolver to cycle. That closed the deal on the Smith

I would pass on any Rossi Revolver. Don't know what your budget is, but you should be able to find a used Smith or Ruger that fits it, and you will be better off.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner instead of Tapatalk.

If lock up and timing are ok,and you can pick it up for short money go for it.

I carried that same gun for a very long time... I must have gotten a good one. It still looks and shoots well. I moved to a compact semi otherwise would still be carrying it. My experience was very good.

looks nice, but limited to .38. i'd pass since you already have a .357

Last edited:
I had one a few years back.I bought it during a divorce sale and it looked very similar to that one. I think it was called a model 88. It was a really nice gun for the money, unfortunately I got an offer I couldn't refuse.

Not like it's any of my business or anything but why do you want to accomplish this. Just seems like using a framing hammer to do roofing.

I bought two of them back in the early 80's. The fit, finish and function put the "Bangor Punta" S&Ws being produced at the time , to shame. It's good to see a lot of replies here are actually people that have owned them, rather than the usual clown bashing them because the read something on the Interweb.[rolleyes]

I have a Rossi .357 snubby. DA the trigger is so heavy it gets in the way of steady aim.

Back
Top Bottom